This much regrowth after 1 week?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waxcetera

Reaction score
Hiya Hair Geeks,

Forgive me, I'm not sure if I can ask on the hair section being a nail professional? But its only a ickle question honest ;)

My friend is a mobile hair dresser and as I daren't go to a hairdressers anymore (another story lol), she always cuts and colours my hair. However, I buy the colour as she doesn't normally do them, shes just a cut and blow dry for her elderly clients really.

I buy the garnier nutrisse stuff in golden brown, but just 1 week after doing it, I have at least a 1cm growth on my parting. It's like someones taken an eraser to the colour 1cm either side of my parting :(

Is there a stronger colour I can buy, i.e. the sort they use in salons? At the minute, I'm walking round with a nice colour for about a week, and then having to wear a ponytail to hide it for 3-4wks! I'm wondering if I should go a lighter shade and maybe the regrowth wouldn't show up so bad?

I'd love to go back to a salon and get it done so it sticks, but am too nervoous lol. My daughters had headlice last year, to the point, my 8yr old was hospitalised, it was so bad, despite repeated daily attempts to get rid of them, the consultant said they were literally eating her head and gave her a secondary infection. I'm now paranoid there maybe something in my hair. I know theres not but I can't bring myself to go lol.

It is because you are buying an OTC product. They only give a translucent coverage of grey when it is virgin. It builds up over time, so that's why it doesn't wash off your grey further down.

OTC are icky, rubbish colours and we couldn't possibly recommend which one you should buy. If your friend is a hairdresser why doesn't she buy a professional colour to apply??

If she is unwilling to do this, a trip to a sympathetic hairdresser is needed. It will take a few trips to even out the home colour job. :)

thanks for your reply x

I did sort of mention to her buying a professional colour from her suppliers, but she seemed to shy away from the subject :(

Any sympathetic hair geeks in Nottingham lol.

thanks for your reply x

I did sort of mention to her buying a professional colour from her suppliers, but she seemed to shy away from the subject :(

Any sympathetic hair geeks in Nottingham lol.

Would you trust a mobile hairdresser to come round to you, if you're nervous of salons. Sometimes when it's on your own turf, it can make the client feel safer!!

Thats awful about your daughter, how did they get so bad? Or did she just keep catching all the time? What did the hospital do for her to sort it out?
Sorry all the questions but I'm intrigued and maybe we can learn from your awful experience as hairdressers :idea:

Where abouts are you in nottingham?? xx

Latest posts

Back