Threading... what makes the thread break?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angel fingers

Reaction score
i have just had a brow shape. the thread broke loads of times and it was the most painfull threading i have ever had.
what makes the thread snap and could it be linked to the pain ?
result was good by the way.

Hi Angel Fingers...

Did they put any talc on you before threading? Was the skin held really tight whilst he / she was threading? The thread can break as it is usually quite thin thread and maybe the tension on the thread was too much... but i wouldn't say it should break loads of time in one eye brow shape!... o and was the thread 100% cotton? x

Last edited:
did talc and held skin as usual.
thread broke at least 8 times and it was such a painfull session so i was wondering if there was a link.

It is quite common for the thread to break, this is due to the friction created as the thread is twisted and spun around itself, however, 8 times is a bit excessive. Maybe they used a cotton/nylon mix thread which is not as strong (but cheaper) than 100% cotton thread.

I'm not sure if the thread breaking would be more painful, possibly, or you might just be a tad more sensitive than usual. This can happen if you are due your period for instance.

HTH

xx

hmm, yes that is excessive... as the pervious poster says, your skin might be a little sensitive, more than usual, or the thread wasnt 100% cotton.

What also can make the thread break is very strong, thick hairs.
Or if the hair is too long, sometimes it can coil around the thread causing it to snap.
If the hairs are too long or strong/thick I can imagine it would be painful trying to thread them.

Or regarding the pain - could it be down to the time of month?

Do you think your threader has changed cotton? Did you see the make of the box? x

What also can make the thread break is very strong, thick hairs.
Or if the hair is too long, sometimes it can coil around the thread causing it to snap.
If the hairs are too long or strong/thick I can imagine it would be painful trying to thread them.

Or regarding the pain - could it be down to the time of month?

Do you think your threader has changed cotton? Did you see the make of the box? x

not hormonal.dont know the brand though.
i had a different therapist than i usually do because i went fri instead of saturday.
still feel a little tender this morning.:irked:
she did a great job with the shape, but i think i might go back to saturdays from now on.
thanks for all your interesting input geeks.

Latest posts

Back