Threads closing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

totalbeautyabz

Reaction score
What is with the incessant thread closing and folk getting banned round here? Is nobody allowed to express opinions anymore without being shot down?

I've also noticed that nobody is replying to the serious issue of failing CND lamps, yet I'm being told in the same breath that I need to buy a CND lamp in order to use shellac. So, dangerous advice is completely ignored? Excellent.

RANT OVER.

Last edited:
Lol CND brainwash their customers into thinking that they HAVE to buy the CND lamp to work with the shellac. That is complete bull****. All for the $$$

My nail tech uses gelish and shellac on my nails and uses an unbranded one and my nails are always perfect.

And as for threads being deleted I think everyone needs to take a chill pill.

A bottle of them, more like. If you have a different opinion, thread closed.

A bottle of them, more like. If you have a different opinion, thread closed.

Lol I know so pathetic sometimes I wonder how these people are in the real world

Threads are closed due to disrespectful and rude comments.

Yes, we can disagree with each other but there is a correct way in which to do it.

I'm fed up too. I loved the chit chat part but all the fun and humour has disappeared now that some people have gone.
Even more frustrating that the real stirrer (and we all know she's back, pretending to be someone new) was exposed, proving there was no need for it all in the first place!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm fed up too. I loved the chit chat part but all the fun and humour has disappeared now that some people have gone.
Even more frustrating that the real stirrer (and we all know she's back, pretending to be someone new) was exposed, proving there was no need for it all in the first place!

Yeah, but she was a poor soul who needed mummied.

I was wondering what happened to the "what do you do when your other halfs away" thread??!

Did it get deleted?

There's so many deletions I can't keep up.

I think it's come down to 'I'm a mod, and I don't like this thread/post/person...delete'

Yes the 'naughty' group got quite close to the line a few times. Did the majority of people want to see them banned for good? I don't think so. I'm sure even the people they pissed off miss reading all the drama/banter.

I think the mods need to step back a little bit. Ok, they give their time freely. And yes, there are some sensitive people that press the report button. I'm just seeing way to many double standards, and the 'reasons' for why that person can talk about sex and this person can't for example are becoming a little embarrassing.

I think it's come down to 'I'm a mod, and I don't like this thread/post/person...delete'

Yes the 'naughty' group got quite close to the line a few times. Did the majority of people want to see them banned for good? I don't think so. I'm sure even the people they pissed off miss reading all the drama/banter.

I think the mods need to step back a little bit. Ok, they give their time freely. And yes, there are some sensitive people that press the report button. I'm just seeing way to many double standards, and the 'reasons' for why that person can talk about sex and this person can't for example are becoming a little embarrassing.

I think there are favourites.

Ok geeks, let's get a few things straight here.

When threads are closed or deleted, it is because there is a good reason behind it, and not just because the Mods feel like it.

Yes, we volunteer our time to moderate this site, but Salon Geek has rules which need to be followed by everyone. If rules are broken, then they are discussed and dealt with accordingly. The Moderators are here to help and assist, as well as deal with rule breakers.

What everyone needs to remember here is that sometimes, OP's decide to close or delete their own threads, and can do so at any time they wish. If they are unable to do this themselves, then they can also ask a Moderator to do it for them.

What we don't need here, is yet another thread which debates the same issues which are being discussed elsewhere on other forums, and ultimately goes round and round in circles, with speculation and accusation.

If you don't like what you see, either start a thread in My Forum, which is private between site members and the Moderation Team, or hit the report button if you find something particularly offensive or out of line.

In the meantime, please consider this thread closed as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back