Thumbs too wide

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sally Martin

Reaction score
I did a set of nails today(been training since sept) and the thumb nail was tooooo wide for the no. 1 velocity tip so I tried to use a paper form, only to find that to fit it under the c curve left a big gap between the form and the free edge of the natural nail, I did'nt know how to put 2 forms together to make it big enough. Please can anyone help if you can understand the waffle coming from my fingers.
Thanx Sally

Try cutting the tip in half longways, then stickto each side of the thumbnail, this will leave a gap in the middle which you can use a form underneath and fill with acrylic.
Hope this helps you

love Sarah xx

I keep a box of extra large sized tips 'just in case'. Star Nails do a pack of larger sized tips, as do Pronails. I have one client who has really, really large nails - when she came to me for extensions her pinkie fitted a size 5 tip.

If you are sculpting........ take two forms, cut them so the left side of one form1 is wider and the right side of one form2 is wider, then stick the two together to fit the width of the nail, there will be a little overlap and this will stick the forms nicely together, pre-taylor the form so it will be flush with the fee edge and hey presto you have a form that will fit the widest thumb.............
For tips try the eclipse, this has unique sizing and the size one is almost a 0............
HTH

Thanx will try both those methods
Sally

Latest posts

Back