Tigi colour.... 100% ppd free hair colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candis

Reaction score
Has anyone used these colours? When googling ppd free it came up with this so would love to know if anyone has used these and if so what r they like on grey coverage?
I'm hoping my local suppliers stock these....
Thanks geeks x

Redken have launched one too

That's fab although as I'm mobile don't think I'd be able to get these would I? X

i use tigi. . it took a while to get used to it and on two of my clients with very stubborn grey took a couple of various mixes before i got the grey coverage good. my advice is too only use base and mixtones to recreate the shade the client chooses on the shade chart. the mixing ratio for grey coverage is 1:1 and develops WITHOUT heat (very imoprtant not to use heat) for 45-50 minutes depending on stubborness of grey. . x

Thanks scottydolly I went into ultimate today and they rung tigi whilst I was there and they told me they are not totally ppd free as there is a different substitute. So the suppliers advised me to use colourly which is totally ppd free I have bought 8ni to try on my client providing she is ok with skin test ...
Thanks I will def look at tigi in the future as they have some nice shades x

really? im quite surprised at that as they state oin nearly all there advertising they are free. . . yes they are indeed lovely shades, and u can create some true beautys too. . .
they are gearing up for a relaunch soon "TIGI Copyright Colour 2" . . i seen on twitter they training academy is now using them so not long till they filter down. . .too excited :) x

really? im quite surprised at that as they state oin nearly all there advertising they are free. . . yes they are indeed lovely shades, and u can create some true beautys too. . .
they are gearing up for a relaunch soon "TIGI Copyright Colour 2" . . i seen on twitter they training academy is now using them so not long till they filter down. . .too excited :) x

I've used true lights and love it but I saw modern lights yesterday what's that? I'm intrigued lol x

I tested colourly once, dreadful stuff. Even if a colour claims to be ppd free, it is probably still in the instructions to skin test it. PPD is not the only cause of reactions, and despite the publicity, reactions are rare.
Have not used TIGI colours or matrix in years, so it is probably quite different now.

When I get my hair coloured they use Keune no ppd, really nice colour and condition

When I get my hair coloured they use Keune no ppd, really nice colour and condition

Is it? The never told me that when I used them, think I will ring and see x

Maybe I will swap te colorly for the Tigi then and see what happens on the skin test I was looking for a base 8 nothing to golden what do u suggest scotty dolly as she is fairly grey/White spesh round the hairline x

Is it? The never told me that when I used them, think I will ring and see x

I think so please correct me if I am wrong though :) its what I've been told by hairdressers

Maybe I will swap te colorly for the Tigi then and see what happens on the skin test I was looking for a base 8 nothing to golden what do u suggest scotty dolly as she is fairly grey/White spesh round the hairline x

I would use a base 7 with 8.5vol (2.55%) mixed 1:1 . . 8/73 is a lovely colour

I have covered grey very succesfully by using this mix: 3/4tube 7/0 1/4tube 8/73 with 3 inches of 0/22 violet mixtone. Mix with 65ml activator. Allow to process without heat for 40-45 minutes :)

Let me know how you get on xx

I've used true lights and love it but I saw modern lights yesterday what's that? I'm intrigued lol x

its a bit likje colour graphix, white bleaching powder and has six tonal blends to mix in with it: saffron, icy, celladon, ember, coral and iris.
I actually havent used these, when they launch the new Tigi Copyright Colour, i will be contacting a rep to arrange a trial day with the new range and asking to be shown the modern lightener also, they wont let you buy that one without specific training so i want to see and try it before i invest in training :)

its a bit likje colour graphix, white bleaching powder and has six tonal blends to mix in with it: saffron, icy, celladon, ember, coral and iris.
I actually havent used these, when they launch the new Tigi Copyright Colour, i will be contacting a rep to arrange a trial day with the new range and asking to be shown the modern lightener also, they wont let you buy that one without specific training so i want to see and try it before i invest in training :)

Ohh I like the sound of that!! X

I would use a base 7 with 8.5vol (2.55%) mixed 1:1 . . 8/73 is a lovely colour

I have covered grey very succesfully by using this mix: 3/4tube 7/0 1/4tube 8/73 with 3 inches of 0/22 violet mixtone. Mix with 65ml activator. Allow to process without heat for 40-45 minutes :)

Let me know how you get on xx

Thanks scotty I don't suppose u could recommend one with less colours needed only I'm mobile so need to buy in for this one client would it all be ok say with out the mix tone? Xx

oh yeah defo, it wud still be, just because u wanted it a little less gold, firing the violet it jus makes it a bit of a more irridescent beige as opposed to a goldeney ash. :) tigi is a great range for mobile, it is a very small colour pallette in comnparisn to wella etc, it encourages mixing your own concoctions, since converting to tigi i have really learned to use mixtone to its full potential. . amazing feeling tailor making a colour for a client on a whim haha x

Wow is all I can say! U will be impressed! The modern lights will no longer exist .... Sorry

Wow is all I can say! U will be impressed! The modern lights will no longer exist .... Sorry

ohhh hahaha, that i didnt know cos i never used it jus knew bout it. . .
tell me EVERYTHINGG bout tigi copyright colour. . . i can literally not wait!!! have they bumped up the price? is it better on grey? xx

Latest posts

Back