Tigi Copyright Colour demo

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perry_Althair

Reaction score
hey guys! long time since ive started a thread lol....

currently in the process of sorting out a colour demo with a tigi colour technician because i really like the sound/look of the products, however i cant get my head around their process of coming in to do a colour demo?!

basically the technician has asked me for the exact colours i'll be wanting to use so she can send me the skin testing kit and then come in 48hours from then to do the colour demo with me...what i dont get is how she expects me to convert and choose a colour over the phone in a brand ive never used, which is why i want to have the demo.

i fully understand the skin testing is important and this has made me realise that the last 3 colour demos ive had, the models weren't skin tested!

but the main thing thats bugging me is that if i choose the colour, she sends me the skin tests, then comes in with the colour to use or whatever, what exactly is she there for? i expect a colour demo to be an indepth consultation with me, my client and the technician to determine what shades would be best to use in the particular brand and how to choose for the target (obviously basic colour theory is the same for all brands butwe all know how they differ, some a darker, some are warmer)

so anyway, as i was saying, what is she coming in for, if i have already chosen the exact shade, over the phone?!, then is she just going to come in and stand behind and watch me colour? seems like an easy job for her to me!

someone pleaaaase shed some light on this, i will be ringing her in a minute though.

forgot to add....would it not make more sense for her to come in and do a colour consultation with me and each of the models id be using, give me the tubes of colour to skin test with, and use for the colour after 48hours, and leave me to do it?

You should get sent a skin test kit, 4/0 bottle of 6% then they will come in 48 after or arrange a date and you test 48 hours before, that's it, they bring 3 of each shade with them ;) so don't stress, who is your colour rep? X

You should get sent a skin test kit, 4/0 bottle of 6% then they will come in 48 after or arrange a date and you test 48 hours before, that's it, they bring 3 of each shade with them ;) so don't stress, who is your colour rep? X

they told me they have to skin test with the shade i want to use one each client, i said to the technician surely it would make sense to just test every client with a black tint as it'd contain more of the ptd than the other colours anyway but apparently they wont do this...

this doesn't really make sense as a colour demo lol

rep is adam
tech is hayley

they told me they have to skin test with the shade i want to use one each client, i said to the technician surely it would make sense to just test every client with a black tint as it'd contain more of the ptd than the other colours anyway but apparently they wont do this...

this doesn't really make sense as a colour demo lol

rep is adam
tech is hayley

My tech is here now and said to phone Hayley age will help you loads x

My tech is here now and said to phone Hayley age will help you loads x

I've just been informed that there have been about 8 tubes of colour delivered to the salon so not sure what's going on lol, keep tryin to get hold of her but get the impression she's a very busy individual lol

I second what blue said they sent me a tube of 4/0 and a little bottle of 20vol x

They said again that they have to always skin test with the same shade under some new legislation or something, so I'm just going to get her in to have a chat about the theory behind the colours and il do models/colours on my own. Disappointing really. How long ago did you do your demo theden?

They said again that they have to always skin test with the same shade under some new legislation or something, so I'm just going to get her in to have a chat about the theory behind the colours and il do models/colours on my own. Disappointing really. How long ago did you do your demo theden?

Ok what they should do is leave you with a shade selector, and selection of tubes of tint because yes now for the initial demo you need to chose the colour your using x

Ok what they should do is leave you with a shade selector, and selection of tubes of tint because yes now for the initial demo you need to chose the colour your using x

They left me with a cardboard shade selector but there's no way I could have used that to choose a colour. Without having used them I don't know how they would come out :( the tech sent me 8 tubes today 8/0, 8/3, 5/6, 100/0 , and a couple of others but the only one of them Id have a model for would be the 5/6 but I'd want to mix base in it for the roots but as I never got a 5/0 I couldn't skin test so won't be able to colour any models on the day! I used it to skin test my friend today tho so will be doing her colour on Sunday to try it out....so much hassle!

Cause you can! Aslong as you skin test the depth level, tone doesn't matter! Get 3 models if you can or one but one that you really want to try! The reds are amazing!

Cause you can! Aslong as you skin test the depth level, tone doesn't matter! Get 3 models if you can or one but one that you really want to try! The reds are amazing!

Oh right we'll she's told me I can't colour anyone's hair unless I've skin tested with the exact colour, I said about needing base with the5/6 and she said I can't :(

And it's too late to do models now, she's in on weds and I can't get colours to skin test and skin test 48 hours before lol not possible unles I had the tubes tomorrow.

I'm just going to experiment on my own, and I'm sure I'll have your guidance :)

Oh right we'll she's told me I can't colour anyone's hair unless I've skin tested with the exact colour, I said about needing base with the5/6 and she said I can't :(

And it's too late to do models now, she's in on weds and I can't get colours to skin test and skin test 48 hours before lol not possible unles I had the tubes tomorrow.

I'm just going to experiment on my own, and I'm sure I'll have your guidance :)

Buggar, I would of just blagged it ;) lol

Oooh god when they first released copyright back in like June July maybe can't remember exactly x

Oooh god when they first released copyright back in like June July maybe can't remember exactly x

Ah I see, legislation must have changed since then, then :(

Surely that Cant be right so if I skin test a client then they come in 2 days later and changed there mind I can't do it and have to retest ? Xx

Surely that Cant be right so if I skin test a client then they come in 2 days later and changed there mind I can't do it and have to retest ? Xx

Apparently so! Lol x

Latest posts

Back