Tigi copyright - green?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dylan

Reaction score
Hi all, made the switch to tigi copyright, loving them so far. Howver, I know they don't do a green mix tone, and they do 2 green shades but I don't have them in, and have a colour tomorrow, so am trying to make the green.

Now, logic would tell me that I can obtain this by mixing /33 and /1 together? Tried that and its just a bowl of yellow, despite adding more blue to it. Does anyone have any ideas, or even a formula to make a green?

Thanks xxx

Hi all, made the switch to tigi copyright, loving them so far. Howver, I know they don't do a green mix tone, and they do 2 green shades but I don't have them in, and have a colour tomorrow, so am trying to make the green.

Now, logic would tell me that I can obtain this by mixing /33 and /1 together? Tried that and its just a bowl of yellow, despite adding more blue to it. Does anyone have any ideas, or even a formula to make a green?

Thanks xxx

Do you mean it looks yellow in the bowl?? The yellow mixtone will be yellow to the eye as it has direct dye in it, the blue wont change the colour in the bowl as it will be indirect and only goes blue during development. You would need to develop a test piece fully to see how green it goes.

Hope that helps x

Ah thanks I was wondering as mix tones I've used so far are all coloured coming from the tube whereas the blue wasn't. I'm just watching it develop but hoping it will be enough to neutralise red. Xx

Thanks xxx

What are you trying to achive /88 is calibrated ash equal parts blue and green x

Ah thanks I was wondering as mix tones I've used so far are all coloured coming from the tube whereas the blue wasn't. I'm just watching it develop but hoping it will be enough to neutralise red. Xx

/1 /2 /8 /88 dont contain direct dyes as boosters so you wont see the true colourbuntill ? Oxidised like scotty said x

Thanks guys. My client is a faded 5/6 on lengths and ends, and a natural base 6, about 25% grey.

I'm just wanting to bring her down to a more neutral brown, so was wanting the green to neutralise the red. Would you say calibrated ash would be of use here? And is it /88 for below a base 6 if I remember correctly? And /8 above?

Thanks xxx

Thanks guys. My client is a faded 5/6 on lengths and ends, and a natural base 6, about 25% grey.

I'm just wanting to bring her down to a more neutral brown, so was wanting the green to neutralise the red. Would you say calibrated ash would be of use here? And is it /88 for below a base 6 if I remember correctly? And /8 above?

Thanks xxx

6/0 creative with 20vol roots 6/0 in gloss with 4 inches /88 with 8.5 midlengths and ends x

6/0 creative with 20vol roots 6/0 in gloss with 4 inches /88 with 8.5 midlengths and ends x

Top lad, thanks so much! Xx

Latest posts

Back