Tigi...do you have to have an account with them to use and retail them?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elegance1

Reaction score
Hi,

I am currently opening a new hair and beauty salon and have been told different things about Tigi. When the Tigi rep came to see me I was told I have to buy the starter pack on each range. When I went to Aston and Fincher they told me that this wasn't true and that you can buy it from them and use it and retail it without a tigi account.

Would appreciate hearing what you know?

Thank you.

u can buy tigi in salon services etc etc, which i prefer as u have to do minimum orders with tigi themselves x

Good afternoon Elegance

My daughter has always worked with and loved TIGI so when we decided to open our business we went to TIGI because:

We love the colours
We use the products and know about them
Customer service was reported to be good

However, after signing up with them and putting in a fairly big order (well to us anyway), we found the service to be appauling to be honest.

The stock was delivered along with the stand. We were given the impression that the rep would visit the salon, put up the stand and display the products. Oh no, this never happened and the service went downhill from then on. They have re-branded since we purchased the stock so unless we spend more money to update our stock we have the old brand still on our shelves.

Hindsight being a wonderful thing and if we had to start afresh this is something I would avoid. I would recommend buying in smaller amounts and not be pressurised into buying bulk.

The rep visited us twice, never had any posters unless we purchased the latest offers. He has now left and we phoned TIGI to find out who our Rep was, she was going to pop in at Christmas but never arrived and has never made any attempt to contact us since. So we now purchase what we need, when we need it from Sallys.

I know this doesn't answer your question directly but I would recommend finding out about other brands before committing.

On another note, TJHughes and TKMAX sell these products at a vastly reduced price and there is a stall holder in Essex who sells it. TIGI don't seem to be exclusive anymore, so this is another reason to be carefull especially if you are hoping to retail.

I hope this helps

Thank you both for your feedback. I love the look and smell of Tigi, so would love to stock them but was a little disheartened after I saw the rep. I know they are pushy and try and get a sale. I did ask her if are able to get latest posters etc and she told me only with a large order. I also asked about buying from elsewhere and she said only after opening the first order with her!

Thank you for confirming what Aston and Fincher told me after being very helpful and giving me the latest posters without evening buying anything yet and telling me their hair rep can visit me every month or less if wanted and will keep me up to date with the offers. I can buy one or two of everything and hopefully not end up with products sitting on my shelves for months and months.

Tigi rep sounds like she has a sale.

We have an account with TIGI and although the clients love the products harly anyone buys it and I think its because they know the can look on ebay etc and get it cheaper!
With tigi you have to buy min of 6 of each product.
And if you have a range that isnt selling well you can swap for something else but you have to of had it for min of 6 months before swapping.

IF I were you I would buy from wholesale that way you can buy as and when you need it. And not be left with lots of products that arent selling. One bad thing is you wouldnt get the stand etc though.

In the almost 6 months we have had it a rep has been once and only 2 hand in a few leaflets about special offers and to tell us which lines are being discontinued

Opps meant on my previous post...looks like the Tigi rep has lost a sale and wholesale is best.

Thank you for your reply. Do you find tigi do have good offers?

We have an account with TIGI and although the clients love the products harly anyone buys it and I think its because they know the can look on ebay etc and get it cheaper!
With tigi you have to buy min of 6 of each product.
And if you have a range that isnt selling well you can swap for something else but you have to of had it for min of 6 months before swapping.

IF I were you I would buy from wholesale that way you can buy as and when you need it. And not be left with lots of products that arent selling. One bad thing is you wouldnt get the stand etc though.

In the almost 6 months we have had it a rep has been once and only 2 hand in a few leaflets about special offers and to tell us which lines are being discontinued

Hi Karen

I totally agree no one really buys it because they can get it elsewhere. I have bought this to the attention of TIGI and they say they prosecute if they find it being sold elsewhere if not a registered TIGI stockist. Have they followed up on what I have told them. I very much doubt it.

They seem to take you money and run.

I also didn't know you could swap so I will be onto them tomorrow. I was told that when they re-brand they take back the older version and update your stock!! As a rep hasn't visited TIGI are unaware of what we still stock.

You would think in this day and age they would be a little more flexible, especially with start-ups and the economic climate.

I started stocking Tigi 2 years ago. They have the worst possible customer care I have ever experienced.
The turnover of reps is astonishing. They have run various loyalty schemes that they never pay out on. The promise of free courses when you sign up never materialise. If you phone them, they never return calls and infact the left hand NEVER knows what the right hand is doing.

They do not take any stock on sale or return. The reps tell you they do, but they don't!
I now just keep a stock of my Tigi bestsellers and purchase them from a local wholesalers, who do sale or return.

I wouldn't mind, the products are largely a pile of poo and I rarely use them in the salon. I just don't get what the fuss is about them. I stock them because the (walk in) public demands them. My regular clients very rarely purchase them. :)

Thank you all for your feedback. If I don't get Tigi are there any that you would suggest instead to have a look at?

Thank you x

If a rep tells you you can only purchase 6 of each when ordering from the main ranges, they are telling porkies.

In the salon I work at, our rep was terrible for this practice - only allowing us to order 6 of each - but I phoned Tigi direct to order one week when she was on holiday and they told me you can order 3 of each, EXCEPT with promotional products where 6 is the minimum. Since we have had our new rep we have never had this problem and he has always been very helpful. It's just TIGI themselves who are rubbish on dishing out the promotional stuff. We never get posters for the regular ranges, only the promo offers, off which we might not be stocking them all!

Does anyone know how much the starter packs are at all?

I'm going self employed in a beauty place with a collegue and we want to go half on the retail. It's a big seller in my area and the only range I know comprehensively. I think releastically, we would like to pick and choose what we use. For example SFactor doesn't do well at all with us, so the only products we want from that range would be the Lusterizer, Flat Iron Spray and Body Booster.

Similarly, we wouldn't want the B for Men or Eco range as we wouldn't have room for them all, we have to share our retail space with the beauty therapists products.

Thanks.

Hello,

The cheapest opening order with the Tigi Bedhead range it is £950. But you get 6 of everything practically! A lot of products to find room for!

Thank you! Does that mean products from just the Bedhead/Catwak ranges?

I think I'll likely go to Aston and Fincher for them, I believe their starter pack is in the region of £500.

No that is JUST the bedhead range! Crazy in my opinion.

I went to our Aston and fincher and they said no opening order and I could just buy one item if I wanted and they also gave me 5 posters without buying anything...very helpful.

That is ridiculous! Thanks for the tip, I can see us going for Aston and Fincherm especially if they don't require a start up.

Latest posts

Back