Time of the month!! - Women only.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hiya hun,wow there is some else like me,well that was what i was like! before i had my little boy my periods were fine no pain, light etc etc.. but then i had my baby n ever since then they are really painful,mega heavy n just eughhh horrible lol! i had always used a pad but then about a yr ago i tried tampons n im soo glad i did! i tried lillets but didnt get on with them what so ever i dont know why,so know i use tampax (the orange box) super plus i think, and as for night time hahah i used 2 be like u didnt move what- so - ever! now im more relaxed etc i use a night time towel either by always or tesco's and a tampom n i feel so more proteced! i use lillets heat patches too for the pain and take 2 panadol's too on the firts 2 days.only when my periods get lighter i use a towel and at night time carry on with a towel n pad its still not my ideal way of coping with it as i feel totally s**t the very 1st day i come on, i feel tiered,head-ache,i even feel all shakey.so this month im going to the docs 2 c if they can help, by me either taking the pill or something as i heard this is supposed 2 help,after i ad my baby they said the coil would be my best bet but then i heard sooooooooooooooo many stories that it actually makes your periods heavier(i thought it was supposed 2 stop them) so i wanna go on the pill ready for my next period,theres soo many tho and knowing my luckk they will give me one that makes u feel 10 times worse lol lol can any one who is on the pill can you please tell me what its called how how effective they find it in periods etc like making them lighter etc, xxx thanks

hahaha my egg finally hatched its a bloody toaster lol i waited all that time 4 a toaster lol :lol:

I used to get really heavy periods. Some months I would pass out from lossing a large amount of blood quickly. After having the girls I had a coil fitted (I think it's called Mirena). It's got hormones in so help with PMT as well. Since having it fitted my periods got lighter every month and now I only have spotting. I wouldn't use anything else, once it's fitted you can forget about it for 5 years.

I think they are worth a try, if it doesn't suit you then hey, you just have it taken out.

I think you have to of had a baby to have one fitted as you have stretched down there.

Please Geeks "Enough Already" we have guys on here to you know!! plus the search engines will pick it up:rolleyes:

I agree with Jac, & I find this thread a little too indepth for the internet, yeah I know its in chat, & you can choose to not read etc. etc. but ... have you considered the kind of pervs this kind of discussion lures to the site?
Think of the MSN nutter that has been contacting a lot of the ladies here, do you not think that whacko's like him are drawn to this sort of thing.
Please ladies remember we have the chatroom, your own MSN, and your journal!

i know we girls like a girly chat but please could you remember this is not a female only site we have a number of male nail technicians who are a major part of this site and i for one is starting to feel a bit uneasy on their behalf.
yes the title of the thread says women only but if a title of a thread said...male problem...men only... are you saying you wouldnt read it.
please respect our male members like they have the good grace to respect the female members...chit chat is one thing but talking about menstrual flow in such a public forum for nail technicians of both sexes is another.

How would we feel if guys were discussing their bodies and functions as openly as this - I know it is natural and all the rest but can we not have some privacy and taste.

naturalnails said:
How would we feel if guys were discussing their bodies and functions as openly as this - I know it is natural and all the rest but can we not have some privacy and taste.

Good point, I'm sure that some male nail techs are not very happy about this. And TBH I don't really blame them.

Latest posts

Back