Time to set personal goals! But how?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emma84

Reaction score
Thinking about this I have never actually done it, it's always been yeah maybe some day... Well not any more I have decided I am the only one that can actively make a change in my life.
To be honest I am not that happy with my lot so to speak at the moment, but after getting some fantastic results from a very worrying time things have been put back into perspective for me.
So from that I am going to sit down and list every thing I want to achieve, set myself goals & time scales... How on earth do I start?
I have accepted the fact I am not going to be some great wonder to appear in the industry but I am going to aim to be the best that I can personally be and no less!

I don't have a lot of time now, my dear but the important thing is.

What do you want?
What do you need to do to get it?
How will you do this?
When will you do it by?
Is it realistic for you?
Can you do it?
If not, why not? What support do you need?
Do you have a mentor?
How will you know when youce done it?

Try to be as specific as possible and ill come back later.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Lovely thank you, no I'm building my mobile beauty business back up again after a rough period so it's just me.
But now it's my time, I look after my niece 3 days a week so I need to talk to her mum to try to change that!

Here is what I do know:
I'm still living at home with parents as I have been their carer for quite some time but they are getting back on their feet.
So I want to save for a deposit for my own place.
Once I have this I want to set up a home salon.
Once this is done I can get more display pieces for nails, facials etc and boost the retail side of my business.

I have to cut down on my mobile work due to medical reasons so a home salon will be perfect!

I want to do Kim lawless training but feel I will benefit more from this once I have my home salon.

I know that there was a new government scheme coming out in feb that might help me so it's save save save, which I am a big saver but it's difficult when my client base has literally gone to a handful in a year due to all the medical stuff.

I am determined, so my nails I want to perfect, which I've got training with soon, I have just invested in Shellac so hopefully that will take off & that may help me get some more clients.

I feel everything is centred around me having my own place is that healthy? Are there any steps in between I can be doing from me being mobile to me having my own home salon that could help build up my client base?
I don't think renting a room would help as I don't have the client base.

Thanks to all who read and for your help!

Lovely thank you, no I'm building my mobile beauty business back up again after a rough period so it's just me.
But now it's my time, I look after my niece 3 days a week so I need to talk to her mum to try to change that!

Here is what I do know:
I'm still living at home with parents as I have been their carer for quite some time but they are getting back on their feet.
Once this is done I can get more display pieces for nails, facials etc and boost the retail side of my business.

I have to cut down on my mobile work due to medical reasons so a home salon will be perfect!

I want to do Kim lawless training but feel I will benefit more from this once I have my home salon.

I know that there was a new government scheme coming out in feb that might help me so it's save save save, which I am a big saver but it's difficult when my client base has literally gone to a handful in a year due to all the medical stuff.

I am determined, so my nails I want to perfect, which I've got training with soon, I have just invested in Shellac so hopefully that will take off & that may help me get some more clients.

I feel everything is centred around me having my own place is that healthy? Are there any steps in between I can be doing from me being mobile to me having my own home salon that could help build up my client base?

What's the new government scheme?

At the moment the help to buy ( low deposit scheme 5-10% ) is only available on new build but from feb it will apply to most houses, which will help as I have found new builds are small, over priced & you really can't add any value to them.
There's something else aswell but they aren't sure of all of the details this will prob be released next year I imagine? Anyone please feel free to correct me x

I made a thread about this in biz the other day :)

Here is what I do know:

So, reading this, your overall goal is getting your own place, and therefore home salon, is that what you're saying?

How are you going to get there? How much of a deposit do you have? Will you get a mortgage? Are you buying alone, or with a partner/friend?

Are there other, smaller goals that will help with your ultimate goal?

Could you rent space on a percentage basis? Would this be worth it to you? If not, why not?

Could you increase your mobile hours?

How would kim lawless training benefit your current situation? Is it better to leave it till after? If so, why?

Describe to me EXACTLY what you are working towards and how you are going to get there.

You don't need to answer these questions on here, but please write them down. This will help affirm them to you and for you to be 100% clear about what you want.

Wow thank you that's what I am going to do tonight! Thanks for your help! X

Latest posts

Back