timing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkasha

Reaction score
hey geeks,just a question i wanted to ask you all,nearly finished a uv gel course and have done a few clients at home and the nails have turned out fab the only thing is it takes me around 3hrs to put a full set on as i want to make sure there perfect and was wondering how long it took when you first started as i'm stressing that i take too long? xx

Good to hear you are pleased with your results.

Dont sacrifice time for good quality workmanship.

Remember to have Only the tools you need for each step at hand - a place to put them when used.Keep you desk clutter free - organised.

Give it time ..... 3 months from now you will have cut your time down even more.

HtH
XX J XX

jnail said:
Good to hear you are pleased with your results.

Dont sacrifice time for good quality workmanship.

Remember to have Only the tools you need for each step at hand - a place to put them when used.Keep you desk clutter free - organised.

Give it time ..... 3 months from now you will have cut your time down even more.

HtH
XX J XX
thanks for the advice x makes sense just need to keep practicingx

The majority of us are really slow for a a while when we first start. However as time goes by, with lots of practise and doing several sets of nails, your confidence gets a boost and the time reduces eventually.

3 hours is good for a beginner,
in time your timings will come down because you will know your routine from prep to finishing. when we start out we sometimes have to think if we have done the right things at the right stages with practise and a bit of experience it becomes second nature and this will cut your timings down.
dont worry so much about it your times will lessen and lesson just make sure when you do a set of nail enahncements you explain your time and it wone be a problem...actually its quite nice being pampered for a time instead if being rushed.
good luck with the rest of your course xx

when i started it took me three hours for a full set of sculptures. I can now do them in 1 hour 15 minutes and sometimes it can take me i hour 4m minutes. Depends on how much we are talking!!!! I have been doing nails for 18 months. But i think it was after a year i was quicker with my full sets.

First set took me 3 & half hours and six months later I find my first set of the day still take 2 hours and the rest 1 & half. The trick is to talk to their hands and let them talk to the top of your head!
Don't panic, most people would sooner have you take more time rather than walk out with a tacky looking set of mits.

:) thanks geeks it makes me feel alot better knowing alot of others started around the same sort of time i know it comes with alot of practice but can't help wanting it now i know i'll get there thanks again for the advice xx

Hi Pinkasha,
I did my SIL nails on Saturday and it took me 1 hour 40 minutes - we had a good laugh becuase the first set I did on her took over 4 1/2 hours LOL! You will get there Babes its just practice, up til last week I was still about the 21/2 hour mark but my speeds have increase dramatically since starting in the Salon.
KxXx

Latest posts

Back