Tint for white coarse eyebrow hair help please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautybyselina

Reaction score
hello geeks,

i have an older lady regularly for an eyebrow wax and tint,

her eyebrows are coarse, thick like wire and very long, most are white with no pigmentation with the odd black hair. i trim them and wax them and tint them dark brown using hive tint, she is happy with them but to be honest as you can still see the white hairs and with them being trimmed they look quite sharp the hairs but they need trimming as they are about 3cm long!

i know hairs with no pigmentation dont take very well but is there a product on the market that will actually colour them so you cant see and white shining through?

can anyone help??

Before you trim comb the hair up towards the forehead then trim it the way a hairdresser would. If the brows are bushy and we are just talking about the two or three thick long hairs in the middle people get then grab some tweezers and pull them out. Just be sure it is just that hair you pull out.
New white hairs ie just started growing, will absorb tint. Older white hairs are too thick and dont tint well so you can get a lot of variation depending on the brows at that point in time. Try using a graphite and light brown mix instead of just brown. I use Hairwell. Make sure you have the same amount of developer as tint and 50/50 or brown and graphite.
Put it on then remove with a cotton bud so you can check it and put it back on if it needs more time. Good luck!

Sorry it's late but thankyou for your reply, I will try that and see if that works. All her hairs are thick white and course with about 4/5 black hairs in each brow and the colour will only take slightly in certain hairs. .

I had this problem on a few ladies but seem to have mastered it now.. They arent tinting because I find the tint doesn't stick to the hairs and kind of just slides off them. I make sure Iv got loads of tint on my brush and at an angle and gently place the tint individually on the white hairs kind of blobbing it on until they are covered. I leave it a lot longer maybe 10 mins or so and it works every time. Hope this helps x

I agree with ClaireBear. Younger the helps too. I apply with a cotton bud so that I can take a big blob of tint. I swirl the bud around and the hairs, on top and in between tot get the tint everywhere. Then quickly take a wan bud and wipe off the tint around the brows so you don't stain the skin.

Latest posts

Back