Tinting just bottom lashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tashytootoo

Reaction score
Could anyone help with how to tint just bottom lashes? My client has super super blonde bottom lashes and wants just those tinted (and eyelash extensions on her darker top lashes).

I normally do my eyelash tinting with their eyes closed - I presume I have to do just the bottoms with her eyes open. Can anyone give me any tips??

Thank you :) x

I don't know about JUST the bottoms ones but at college we wa taught if you want the bottom ones tinted too you have to apply (carefully) tint to the bottom lashes while client is looking up, then have them close their eyes and apply tint to the top lashes.

Maybe do that and then apply the lash extensions?
... If you can..? Don't kno if that helped at all? Xx

I might sound stupid here but we were taught to put vaseline on.... Eye Shields and brush the tint thru all of the lashes whilst the client had her eyes closed, which tints the top and bottom as they're all closed together?

x

Well it wouldn't matter if her top lashes got tinted a bit would it? Just do it with her eyes open then get her to close them until it takes, remove then do her lash extensions x

I was taught to put creme shield then cotton pads then get client to close eyes and roll on tint it gets bottom lashes fine, I presume reasoning behind eyes closed is that you don't want tint in eyes, any stinging we where told to remove tint. Reflectoil has a tiny stick applicator the other girls in salon use. I could apply enough tint with it to make it worthwhile using over a brush.

Thanks everyone. I normally tint with eyes closed and I wouldn't mind doing her top lashes too but I'm pretty sure I then can't do her lash extensions til 24 hours later if they've just been tinted??? Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong!! x

Yes you need to wait at least 24 hours later to apply lashes x

Thanks everyone. I normally tint with eyes closed and I wouldn't mind doing her top lashes too but I'm pretty sure I then can't do her lash extensions til 24 hours later if they've just been tinted??? Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong!! x

I have always tinted and then put extensions on with no issues or problems at all x

I always tint bottom lashes with lash extensions treatment. It's easy ! :)
Put shields on and Vaseline as usual. But keep the eye open. Gently and slowly. Very carefully brush tint through bottom lashes. Client must keep eyes open and not to shut :) after a few practices you'll be fine. Be confident xx

I always tint the bottom lashes with the eyes open. Apply, Vaseline, then tint paper. Carefully apply tint to bottom lashes, then get client
to close eyes, tint top lashes. This always works for people with short or fair lashes. Always get perfect results. But do beware that a very steady hand is needed, and if they have contact lens in.

Latest posts

Back