Tip blending

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meldmoran

Reaction score
Hi all. Whenever I'm doing enhancements I always seem to lose a lot of time blending the tips!! It takes much longer than it should & I've tried lots of different methods! Any ideas girls?! X

What file grit are you currently using? I picked up blending really well when I was doing my course, I breezed through it. I find Entity's Refiner file is my most favored to use for blending

Hey I'm using 180 grit! I find it easy...just time consuming. I was wondering if anyone had any tricks or tips to speed it up! I tried tip blender and that didn't really help...

It's hard to explain but I kinda do circular motions? It could be the tips that you're using too

I use quick swift semi circle kinka movements & use the edge tips which actually pride themselves on less blending lol :) maybe I'm just doomed!!

Hey I'm using 180 grit! I find it easy...just time consuming. I was wondering if anyone had any tricks or tips to speed it up! I tried tip blender and that didn't really help...

I use a 100 grit for blending. Started out using 150 but now I'm good at it and don't file the natural nail my tutor said it's quicker with a smaller grit. .

Yeah the smaller grit numbers mean a rougher file... Must try 100 or 150 grit x

My nail tutor taught me blending in 9 strokes. It is possible though I'd never have believed it

I hate blending... Apparently I think Pro Impressions sell tips that there's no need to blending don't count me on it but I'm pretty sure I've been told this cx

Decent quality tips help x i love CND velocity tips

In addition to this I have adopted the technique in the Nail Class book and it really does make a difference.

Its all about how you hold your file and where you apply the pressure. I am not going to try and explain it cause I will not do it justice but do a tutorial search as i think Geeg has a tutorial on this and as said above its in the book x

If you search there's a video on here from Nailzoo he breaks it down brilliantly, Nailclass also helped me when I was starting out. I also use CND velocity tips which melt like butter with a file!

thanks soooooo much girls :) xx

Hi ladies I'm a tutor in the beauty industry , I teach my students to take time in prepping before applying gel or acrylic .. But tips should be blended with a 150 or 180 grit file and I always think a tip blender solution always helps!!

So how long should blending actually take with average tips, blender and the correct file? :)

Tip blender is a real big no no in my opinion. More damage is done when you use it because you are not blending the tip you are melting it and making it soft and gooey and the natural nail is more vulnerable to damage, plus it takes longer. Short cuts make LONG delays.

Velocity tips from CND are the easiest and farthest tips to blend and that contact area just disappears. They cost a little more but the time saved makes it worth it.

Yeah I always noticed the tip going a little gloopy with the blender. Now I now why. Thanks for that ;) x

Pro impressions do non blend tips, you just stick them on and put the acrylic straight over x

Pro impressions do non blend tips, you just stick them on and put the acrylic straight over x

I new id be told this lol xx

Are these tips the ones with a smile line? Like the white ones that can be used as white tips. I know you're not supposed the blend these as you'll lose the smile line, so I suppose if you use natural or clear they also won't need blending? I'm looking for an all rounder nail tip to stock. At the moment I have natural ones with a large well area and also spend ages blending!

Latest posts

Back