tip chipping off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tat1973

Reaction score
ive just done my first set of vf21 lite enhancements on a paying client, and she has just called me and told me the white tip has chipped off in the corner of one hand and she has cracked a nail on the other hand.

she works in retail so is quite busy with her hands. do you think i have done something wrong or is it because she has been careless with them.

also will i have to soak off and start again or is there a quick fix?

From my experience, white tips tend to be rather flimsy. You may do well with just doing a sculpted set... hth's :hug:

ive just done my first set of vf21 lite enhancements on a paying client, and she has just called me and told me the white tip has chipped off in the corner of one hand and she has cracked a nail on the other hand.

she works in retail so is quite busy with her hands. do you think i have done something wrong or is it because she has been careless with them.

also will i have to soak off and start again or is there a quick fix?

maybe the chip is from not enough clear over the free edge? with the cracked nail i would sculpt over it hun....xx

Sounds a little to me like you have applied overlay a little too thin at the tip hunny,
Have a look and depending on how severe the crack is ..if its only a little.
you would be able to thin right down and overlay again...
if the crack is also in the tip..you could apply white where the tip is..and then overlay with your pink,after thinning down the original enhancement.

For the chipped nail..again, you could thin down and repair the white using your white powder and a sculpting form x

I know when I started out, I was soo worried I would create the "Thick bulky nails" often talked about..that instead I went the total opposite and did them too thin, with no apex or anything for strength..
It will all come eventually...and breakages etc..will become less frequent :hug:

thanks for all your help.xxx

Latest posts

Back