Tip guides of varying curvature?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megan2682

Reaction score
I love using tip guides when apply french tips with gels, however i find it frustrating that the only tip guides I can buy come in one size, as real smile lines obviously come in a great variety shapes and sizes. O

ther than having to buy a million different brands, is there anyone who offers tip guides for sale in a variety of different levels of curvature?

Haven't heard of tip guides hun. When I use french gel I apply the white, clean the brush and then "sweep out" the smile before freeze curing for 10 secs before going on to the next hth x

hiya ...Tip guides...?? do you mean the sticky things for painting white on a french..?

I tried those a few years ago and didn't like them...to fiddly and not a great finish. I prefer to freehand the white on a french...it takes practise but gives a much better finish....and you can create whatever curve you feel would compliment the nail best. x

I'm looking for the sticky guides you use to paint a perfect french tip. You only ever seem to be able to get them in one size. Please help!!

have you tried doing it free hand...?

I can do it free hand, and i'm sure i'll get even better with practice, but i do love the perfect crisp line a tip guide gives.

have you tried doing it free hand...?

I would imagine using the guides would be dead fiddly. Surely freehand (after lots of practise) would be quicker and easier in the long run?

i don't know how you manage it...give us a step by step of how you do them..i am interested.

at what stage are you putting the stickers on...? don't they spoil the white when peeling them off...? don't you find them fiddly to get on...? isn't it time consuming...?...do they work out costly...?

sorry for all the questions but i am honestly interested i how you get them to work. x

Its nice & easy really.

Apply first coat of clear gel, cure, and wipe away residue.
Stick tip guide to the nail (there's usually still a little tack left from the gel, which also helps).
Paint on smile line, which is obviously nice and easy as you can go over the line (just don't paint it on too thick).
Then slowly peel away the guide away before curing, the best way to do this is to start from the sides of the nail, and pull slowly up away from the nail bed which prevents the gel from smudging, and keeps the line crisp.
Then cure!

Its quick and easy, and the tips that i use aren't costly, however the fact that i only have one shape of smile line is a problem!

How long have you been trained for?

I personally don't think that using tip guides looks very professional, practice as much as you can and all of a sudden it'll click into place, it's so much easier to paint on your whites freehand (IMO).

Latest posts

Back