Tip/overlay cracking

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carole Lindsay

Reaction score
I'm a bit baffled as i'm having a problem that i've not come across before and its on myself!! I applied a new set of tips and f/g overlay and within a day or so they were coming off at the tip. I assumed this was because i'd used resin to apply the tips as opposed to nail glue/tipbond gel but today my thumbnail has done the same. I think i could see a couple of cracks in the tip. Is it possible its where i'm sanitising and i've just been lucky so far that it hasnt happened before. Seems strange that its happening on one complete set and not any clients: any thoughts??

using scrubfresh on tips is a fab way to crack em ! if you dont use creative products then maybe the equivalent your using is the prob either way i would say its defo a prep prob !

Hi

Also too much activator can make wraps brittle.

I've thought of both the activator and sanitiser points but what i cant understand is why it would happen now when its never happened before. Most of my clients have f/g so its not as if i'm a stranger to it. Have i just been lucky it has never happened before and should i just thank my lucky stars that it happened on me and not a client? :confused:

Latest posts

Back