Tip problem during rebalance.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicki-Marie

Reaction score
I have a little problem and im not sure what im doing thats possibly causing it.

During two rebalances recently, ive noticed when blending before applying new product ... there is lift at the ears of the tips (I used velocity tips for both) almost like the tip is slightly lifting away from the side of the nail creating a small gap between the tip and natural free edge nail. The gel appears fine .. but as I begin to file thats when this 'tip' problem surfaces.

Im not sure why this would be? Its not on all nails either just one or two. Perhaps ive not butted my tip up to the free edge enough? Not wanting to slip into bad habits! xx

Last edited:
It might be adhesive breakdown, or not quite enough adhesive used in the first place, also check the fit of the tip, also you've said you've used velocity tips maybe the c curve is to deep for these 2 clients and the ears of the tip haven't properly adhered in the first place and popped away after a while.

yeah, I think it could be a c-curve problem... always make sure the tip you use has the same c-curve as the natural nail, unless it can lift and/or cause damages to the natural bed, ie nail lifting from nail bed!

Latest posts

Back