Tip sizes...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louise

Dizzy geek
Reaction score
Hi all,

Ive got a client coming tonight who wants clear tips with acrylic, however when i came to look atmy tips (which i then dropped & had to sort out ~boo hoo!) i realise ive no size 7 am i ok to de~size a bigger tip to fit. Does this involve taking the side walls in ets.

Thankyou x

Yes you can but you have to make sure that the side walls as filed evenly, I usually 4 strokes each side,

Chris XX

Cut the tip down at the sides using curved scissors and following the line of the tip ... then just take the sharpness away using a soft buffer.

Remember down-sizing a tip means you will also reduce the C curve of the tip and it will become flatter. This may not make any difference if you are just down-sizing by one size, but you will most likely have to hold those corners down when adhering them so that they stick well at the sides.

sorry to hi-jack your thread but would doing this help me to tip a number 13 nail on the nail trainer without air bubbles, as this is a flat nail?

I use a formation size 4 or 5 (can't remember which!) on the nail trainer 13 nail .I do exactly as geeg describes above. HTH xx

ah fantastic, this might end my unlucky number 13 nightmare! lol. If it does I will love you all forever!

Just wanted to say thanks to you all for ending my 13 nail nightmare, yay!!!! I know this wasnt my thread but Im so pleased it was started cos IT WORKS!!!!!!!

:) glad your nail 13 nightmare is over Harvey!!!! :lol:

Latest posts

Back