Tips for using cover powders

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruthlm

Reaction score
was wondering if anyone had any good tips for using the cover powders, I have been using the pink cover powder, I knew you would have to be relly carefull around cuticle area as its not as forgiving as the french say, well I did a set yesterday on a nibbler, and decided to try using the cover to extend the nail bed slightly but I only took the cover kin of half way down the nail, trying to blend it out, and I used the french to fill from cuticle up to meet the cover, I liked this as you could se the lanula as well so didn't look as false as it can do when you completely cover this, however on some of the nails i could see a kind of shadowing where the two powders met, not as noticable that the client would have seen, but I could see it, any tips for doing it this way and getting a really good blend between the two?? xxx

The best way I do it, is if you take you bead and feather it right out to z3, by which time if should be lighter and not as opaque as in z2....once it's thinned out in z3 you should be able to see the lunula through your cover powder and therefore not need to use clear :)

Latest posts

Back