Tips not adhering to nail all the time

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimberley1978

Reaction score
Hi

Does it matter what glue you use for tips?
I mean as in what brand (not asking if superglue ok?, lol)

I've only used NSI until now but have had trouble getting the tips to stick sometimes. I've read on other posts about gel glues? Are they better for flat nails for example?

Hope someone can help :confused:

Kimberley x

Hi

Does it matter what glue you use for tips?
I mean as in what brand (not asking if superglue ok?, lol)

I've only used NSI until now but have had trouble getting the tips to stick sometimes. I've read on other posts about gel glues? Are they better for flat nails for example?

Hope someone can help :confused:

Kimberley x

Hi hun, have you prep the nail properly? got rid of shine? de hydrated?
x

Yep, used nail pure and 180/240 file to prepare.

Yep, used nail pure and 180/240 file to prepare.
i have different nail tips for differnt clients. eg ultra for flatter nails etc. worth a try also make sure you apply enough glue x x x hth x

If you dont have a perfect curve match between nail and tip then the gel adhesives will fill in the gaps.

if you put adhesive into the search on here it will bring up lots of other threads where this has been discussed.

Thanks. I will have a look now

i dont agree with roughing up the nail before sticking on the tip... hmmm... cause it then has a harder time grabbing... for the whole 27 years we havent roughed up first and our nails are gorgeous and last the whole 4 - 5 weeks without any probems... but if it works for you then go with it... :)

i dont agree with roughing up the nail before sticking on the tip... hmmm... cause it then has a harder time grabbing... for the whole 27 years we havent roughed up first and our nails are gorgeous and last the whole 4 - 5 weeks without any probems... but if it works for you then go with it... :)
you dont think it would ADHERE if you "ROUGH UP" the natural nail?? i prefer to call it removing surface shine- for maximum adhesion... man .. wish i could get aaway with that... its defo NEWS to me that products stick without it!!!

you dont think it would ADHERE if you "ROUGH UP" the natural nail?? i prefer to call it removing surface shine- for maximum adhesion... man .. wish i could get aaway with that... its defo NEWS to me that products stick without it!!!

Me too. I've always taken shine away with file before tipping. I would've thought it would help things stick.

Nobody mentioned 'roughing up the nail', what was said is that you need to remove the natural shine in order for product to adhere and form a covalent bond.
By removing the shine you're not removing nailplate, just any surface oils/shine, if you removed the shine and didn't apply any tips or product the natural shine would reappear after a few minutes, providing the shine is removed with nothing harsher than a 240 grit abrasive.
hth's

I don't always buff the natural nail before applying tips, all depends on the clients nail plate, as long as you push back cuticles and remove ptygerium, a tip should stick.
If your tips are coming off, it sounds like you need more glue applied to well area, and hold for 10-15 seconds if poss, don't cut and file till you have completed the whole hand.

Sarah Bell
Nail Tech Advice
Essential Nails

I don't always buff the natural nail before applying tips, all depends on the clients nail plate, as long as you push back cuticles and remove ptygerium, a tip should stick.
If your tips are coming off, it sounds like you need more glue applied to well area, and hold for 10-15 seconds if poss, don't cut and file till you have completed the whole hand.

Sarah Bell
Nail Tech Advice
Essential Nails

Thanks Sarah. From reading up today I think that may well be where I went wrong. Didn't hold it long enough before taking away the pressure and they hadn't stuck. I always leave the cutting and filing until I've tipped both hands, then starting on the one that's been on the longest to give them the best chance of adhering.

i have different nail tips for differnt clients. eg ultra for flatter nails etc. worth a try also make sure you apply enough glue x x x hth x

Having the right shape tip is of paramount importance. Make sure you put enough pressure on the wings (sides of the tip) as well as on top.

I use NSI Polybond glue, and haven't had any problems ... as has been said above, make sure you are applying enough pressure for the tips to adhere properly.

I had this problem once... got into a real sweat!!! I was using clear nail tips (nsi) and their adhesive. They would NOT stay on. Just wondering if it was the clear tips or any tips?
I have never had a problem like it since. I now only use gelbond (cnd) and don't ever get a problem.

I had this problem once... got into a real sweat!!! I was using clear nail tips (nsi) and their adhesive. They would NOT stay on. Just wondering if it was the clear tips or any tips?
I have never had a problem like it since. I now only use gelbond (cnd) and don't ever get a problem.

I too have a problem with the NSI clear tips not sticking and I checked it out with NSI and they say that because of the polyflex membrane in the tips it can take longer for them to set. I have tried different adhesives but still they wont stick. In the end I resorted to spraying a little resin activator on my nail before applying the tip and they adhere very quickly.

Rachel

If you dont have a perfect curve match between nail and tip then the gel adhesives will fill in the gaps.

if you put adhesive into the search on here it will bring up lots of other threads where this has been discussed.

Could you please advise me as to who sells gel adhesives and would it be ok to use with my millennium tips?

Thanks in advance!

Could you please advise me as to who sells gel adhesives and would it be ok to use with my millennium tips?

Thanks in advance!
Creative sell Gelbond in clear and pink colour, it's fine to use with any brand of tip.
hth's

Pink gelbond is great and prevents ghost shadow hth's.

Was using non-nsi tips... had them a while and can't remember where I got them from. They stick most of the time just not last night :suprised:

Was fine tonight. I do find it difficult to apply pressure on corners of tips when applying as I don't wanna end up stuck to the customer, lol

Latest posts

Back