Tips not sticking!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tronk7

Reaction score
Hey geeks. The last couple of times I've done acrylics 2 or 3 haven't stuck !!! I had to gelish them instead. What could be causing this as it's not all nails ??? It's really getting me down now 😔

What do you mean ?
they are not lasting after you have compleated them and they are lifting? you cant apply them and get them to adhere at the start ?

is it the L&P or the tip adhesive that is not sticking ?

what prep and products are you using ?
:D

What do you mean ?
they are not lasting after you have compleated them and they are lifting? you cant apply them and get them to adhere at the start ?

is it the L&P or the tip adhesive that is not sticking ?

what prep and products are you using ?
:D[/QUOTE

Sorry I didn't actually start this post, but what would make the glue not hold the tips on? That is something I have had problems with whenever I try using regular nail glue (I have tried several brands) I usually end up having to use super glue!
DO NOT USE SUPER GLUE ! lol no really dont , its not for use on humans , it often contains carcinogenic ingredients .

not properly preping the nail so its not a dry , clean surface , oil free ,

wrong size tip

not waiting long enough

air bubbles / holding it at a funny angle .

not looking after your adhesive . putting the lid on properly ,

Are you sizing the tips too small and matching the c curve? If too small the pressure will make them pop off an if the c curve is not matched then the fit will be wrong and the adhesive won't be touching hardly any of the natural naik to get a correct bond.

I mean the tip isn't sticking to the nail before doing L&p. I've done all prep etc , think it's the glue or tips ??? I don't do acrylics often as I'm a gelish girl 😀. Have just ordered CND velocity tips so will give them a go.

What glue is best in your opinion geeks ??

I use CND gel bond xx

I use the edge glue and love it!!

Tried sinful before and didn't like it... In fact it takes a muscle man to squeeze the glue out ha!!!

X

ADHESIVE !

I use CND Gelbond adhesive...it is surgical grade adhesive.

We should not be using glue...and certainly not super glue, I'm sorry I really can't believe I read that here on a professional forum.

To clarify. Super glue is not carcinogenic. We don't use it because it is far to likely to cause irritation and lead to allergy. Super glue is based on methyl cyanoacrylate. Very irritating

As izzy said. We do not use glue. We use adhesive. And we should all use a high quality surgical grade ethyl cyanoacrylate based adhesive.

Back to the original poster.
Assuming you are using a proper nail tip adhesive, then the most likely problem is temperature or pressure. Cold fingers wil take much longer to set than warmer ones and ensuring a proper even pressure will help the adhesive evenly bond.

If the clients hands are cold. Warm them before prep and this wil help a lot.

I used to get this problem first thing in the morning in the winter if the salon was cold or the products where cold even if the clients had are cold.

i bet you will have no problems with the velocity tips, i recently tried millenium tips and they were a nightmare to stick onto the nails so went back to using velocity and have not had a single problem since. Good luck xx

They we're the ones I used lizzy !! Can't wait to try my velocity tips 😀

Latest posts

Back