To do list

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bean

Reaction score
I am making a list of what treatments I would like to add to my mobile service.

One of which being extensions, I am already qualified to do acrylics but have not had much practice due to moving to a house which required work top to bottom! I am also not very keen in offering this service! And wondered what type of nail extension you would recommend to be the best, one that doesn't destroy the natural nail! Also which one you find is most popular with your clients.
I don't want to waste my money on these courses I would rather get your opinion first.

So what one do you recommend and why??

Xxx

I will always prefer Gel Extensions over Acrylic. And it is becoming more and more popular!

The best enhancements are the ones that suit the clients nails the best.

Business wise I would think that you would need to offer both so you aren't limiting yourself and have an enhancement to suit your clients nail type and requirements.

Of course it's your own personal choice if you only want to offer one system but it's not the products that ruins people's nails, it's the person holding the tools.

Thanks for the reply! Not many replies though people?? :) xx

I totally agree with JenBella hun. Its not the extension that will ruin the natural nail it is either the technician or its the client because they pick and bite their extensions off rather than seeking professional help.

Why are you not keen on offering acrylic extensions if you dont mind me asking?

Also remember that gel is a type of acrylic. Do whatever you feel is best at the end of the day but bear in mind the more services you can offer the wider and bigger range of clientele you will have.

HTH xx

You've stumped me now! I personally felt that people did not have acrylics anymore! But what do I know? I found it very difficult when applying acrylic I jut could not get it right in the sense that the nails would not last more than 3 days! I think it's inexperience and lack of practice! I haven't really given it a chance!

How do I find out what clients prefer though? Do I just train in most so I have a wider range of treatments to offer!

Xx

I would practice your acrylics like mad before going onto something else, get confident & more importantly get back the investment you made in your training X

I've not long started. To get my practise and pay for the acrylic kit I bought I put on my Facebook page a £5 nail extensions offer for the next 10 people. This helped get my confidence in acrylics just getting to grips with gels now but it has also helped get clients coz they've all rebooked. Try something like that! You and they won't feel so bad if it goes a bit wrong coz they've only paid £5. Plus explain at the start you've just qualified.

Latest posts

Back