To perm or not

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lukas K

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I need some advice wether or not I should attempt to perm my aunts hair. She's conviced that a perm would make her hair have more body and wave, as she wears her hair up a lot because it's quite thick, and rather coarse.

I'm not sure wether or not I should attempt to perm her hair, as she is abut 75% gray, coarse/thick and had her hair highlited caramel level 8ish twice in the last year, last one being about 5 months ago. It is about bra strap length, and she gets a root retouch with a level 5 every 4-6 weeks.

Her hair is kinda frizz prone already, so I don't want it to turn to a big frizzy mess. In theory, could I use the largest orange rods and wrap it away from the face on the sides, and on base at the top section to give her some height?
I suppose I would get the perm solution for colored hair, because of the old highlites and test it often while the perm solution is in.

I've done like 3 perms in the last 11 years to be honest so I'm not that confident in this aspect of hairdressing, but I'd be willing to give it a go.

Some input would be appreciated ;)

Latest posts

Back