to polish or not to polish????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katmoz33

Reaction score
hey all
i was just curious as to how many of you use a french nail polish over the top of your enhancements mainly with either l&p or white tips ?

i didnt used to ......but i after having seen some with the pale french manicure colours (creatives negligee, beau or romantique etc) painted and the looked really well rather than just either a buff or clear polish.....and i have to say i get more comliments about the "polished" nails and more custom than when i have just buffed them or clear polished them.....

let me know if you already know of some nice french polish's ...

HIya

I generally ask the client what they would prefer and sometimes paint on top of my own to show them how it can look. One of my faves is Creative Moonlight and Roses followed by Silver Northern Lights for a bit of girlie sparkle. Also nice is Transparent Touch, Lighten Up and I really like Sheer Contentment and OPI's Hopelessly in Love. Toma also do a great one,but sorry have forgotten the name - no help whatsoever:!:

i generally only use french pinks when doing french mani's, the fave's seem to be Beau, Negligee & Moonlight & Roses over Cream Puff. My enhancement clients seem to prefer their nails 'just french' without an added colour.

i also love the moonlight and roses so pretty i have got a similar creative one on now looks the same but had more of a purple/blue shine to it thats nice too

bunnymad said:
HIya

I generally ask the client what they would prefer and sometimes paint on top of my own to show them how it can look. One of my faves is Creative Moonlight and Roses followed by Silver Northern Lights for a bit of girlie sparkle. Also nice is Transparent Touch, Lighten Up and I really like Sheer Contentment and OPI's Hopelessly in Love. Toma also do a great one,but sorry have forgotten the name - no help whatsoever:!:

Creative Beau is also very nice over pink/whites

Beau is also a very good coverer-upper when lengthening the nail bed, you can create the illusion of longer nail beds without the need to do enhancements (on clients with a reasonable length free edge).

sorry to sound thick guys. Ive never done a french manicure, all i have done is l&p pink and whites. What do you mean by polishing over pink and white? I mean how can you get the smile line

zoeCU said:
sorry to sound thick guys. Ive never done a french manicure, all i have done is l&p pink and whites. What do you mean by polishing over pink and white? I mean how can you get the smile line

say if you do a set of acrylic nails and u use either a white tip or white powder to get the french look....after you have finished the enchancements do you buff the nails (to look shiney) or paint a clear polish over the top ? or use a pale french polish (not the white) in a pale pink to go over the top of the entire nail.....to dull the white
hope this makes sense im not good at expaining with out using hand guestures lol

Hi, I'm a gel girl, with most clients wanting white tips. I finishing with either buff for natural high gloss or a pale pink or clear polish.

Anyone know though please, best white to cover white tips on rebalance appointments (where tip has outgrown nail bed and daylight can be seen through). Hope that makes sense(?)!

many thanks

nailzbabe said:
Hi, I'm a gel girl, with most clients wanting white tips. I finishing with either buff for natural high gloss or a pale pink or clear polish.

Anyone know though please, best white to cover white tips on rebalance appointments (where tip has outgrown nail bed and daylight can be seen through). Hope that makes sense(?)!

many thanks
Don't you use a white gel for your rebalances?

Hi there
The range is called Lulu from Creative Nail Design
12 colours in all - Perfect for French Finishes in any shade that suits.

XX J XX

Have to say that i always did my pink and whites with my gel...but i played about with some polishes and had fab results....also....once i saw some pearl tips and thought they looked nice...but the price put me off and re-balance...? so i just used Creatives Negligee over the tips and they looked just as nice as the pearl tips. Now i use polish alot more than i did...you can get some lovely effects and its no bother when it comes to changing or re-balancing. xxx

NailStyle said:
Have to say that i always did my pink and whites with my gel...but i played about with some polishes and had fab results....also....once i saw some pearl tips and thought they looked nice...but the price put me off and re-balance...? so i just used Creatives Negligee over the tips and they looked just as nice as the pearl tips. Now i use polish alot more than i did...you can get some lovely effects and its no bother when it comes to changing or re-balancing. xxx

What a nice idea....the painting just on the tips...I love to play about with my Lulu collection but never tried this!
Thanks NailStyle.....have you any others up you sleeve for us to try?

lol...not that i can think off....but i do think you can be a bit more adventurous with polish than maybe you normally would...its so simple to take off and then you can try something else. I sometimes do a chevron with my Creme Puff (Creative) then over the top with Moonlight and Roses...then put a diamontee in the "V" part of the chevron...looks divine !!! xxx

Have'nt found a white gel that is white enough to cover the white tip (unless anyone can enlighten me?). I have been attempting to cover with white polish. I don't think looks bril. Am using white Millenium tips at mo - anyone know any better ones? I have to say, they don't seem to last that long and are prone to splitting.

I am a new girl to the forum - so apologies for soooo many questions!!

xx

I dont as I mainly use colour gel for biosculpture.
When I used l&p I always used polish; I found that they stayed on very well over the enhancements too. A nice finish to your work?

Latest posts

Back