Toe extension on a runner

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautiful You

Reaction score
I have just been asked if I can help someone who is massively into fitness and training for a marathon. Her toes keep snapping off half way due to the stress. Reading threads I believe you could extend with gel but I feel in my gut the pressure would take off the rest of the nail too :eek:.

Any ideas, would shellac toes help them to grow or would this also add more pressure? Would solar oil help? I fear the only thing that might help is less running but that is not a very good answer. If there is a technique beyond my skill I will happily refer her, better she gets the right treatment than more damage is caused. Clients health comes over my profits xxx

Both of my big toe nails only grow about a third of the way down. I lost both of them due to pressure from some shoes and a lot of walking over a period of 5 days and when they grew back they just never attached themselves properly to the nail bed.

I extend my toe nails very successfully but wouldn't wear them whilst doing a lot of walking or running, not that I do run but you know what I mean. They can get a bit sore if there is pressure from shoes and the pressure would be mainly taken up by the natural nail.

I would say that she could have them done for special occasions but not really when she is training or competing. :green:

I agree with shedunlop, if she is going to continue running she is going to continue to have a problem and making her a nail for social occassions is the best she can hope for. What about those foam toe protector things, that might help alleviate some of the pressure she is putting her toe under.

Jacqui xx

:hug: Thank you, you confirmed what I thought. Good point about special occasion thing though. Not heard of foam protectors so will have a look at that.

Latest posts

Back