Toner help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amandahartly

Reaction score
My customer previously had box coloured hair, level 4, 3 on the ends. I removed some of the colour & got her to a warm 6. We've been bleaching the ends over the past 4 months to get close to this colour....

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1465918654.352757.jpg

She wants to keep her base as it is, but to lift the ends more but the warmth just isn't budging very well at all. Her ends are very similar to this colour....

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1465918792.837713.jpg

Last time I used bleach 30 vol & magi bond, then colour touch 7/81 over & it didn't really make much of a difference to the coppery colour. I have her again on Thursday & a bit stumped with what to use [emoji30]x

Can any one help? X

I find low and slow works best. So you could try bleach and 20vol, but in foils to keep the heat in x

I find low and slow works best. So you could try bleach and 20vol, but in foils to keep the heat in x
I tried the first time with 20 vol & it barely budged. I only used 30 with putting magibond in it. She's had it done 4 times now, Thursday will be the 5th. I mean it will lift more this time but what toner would you use? X

It's hard for people to suggest the correct toner when no one knows what the hair will lift to.
Do you use Olaplex? What undertone are you trying to achieve?

It's hard for people to suggest the correct toner when no one knows what the hair will lift to.
Do you use Olaplex? What undertone are you trying to achieve?

No I don't have access to olaplex, just magibond which to be fair is doing its job, I told her we're not going to get there over night, and that's why we're doing it gradual. I'm hoping to get to a gold this time, but I was last time to with no luck. What would u suggest to ash down the the current colour above if again it doesn't lift much? X

No I don't have access to olaplex, just magibond which to be fair is doing its job, I told her we're not going to get there over night, and that's why we're doing it gradual. I'm hoping to get to a gold this time, but I was last time to with no luck. What would u suggest to ash down the the current colour above if again it doesn't lift much? X

I've just noticed you said you used 7/81 in colour touch, do you mean Illumina? I don't think they've got a 7/81 in CT.

I might be wrong.

Just see how light you can get it then post a pic and Cassie will give you some great advice, she's the Wella expert on here.

Hi sorry yes illumina. I'm getting mixed with 8/81

Thank you [emoji4]

Latest posts

Back