Toner help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leonnib

Reaction score
hi all :).

lady has her died blonde not bleach blonde.. but some parts are gingerey (not by us)..

anyway what colour toner would be good for this...

colour tech said something about taking the ash out.. but she wasnt sure what colour and she is coming tommorow and id have to get colour before..

thanks if anyone knows

If it's gingery a toner probably won't do much. You might need to try and lift the 'ginger' pieces with a mild bleach or it might be a full re-colour. What is the target shade and how light are the blonde pieces? Is it a full head or woven?

looked gingery i may be wrong.. not sure but she just said a toner would do it..

she wants it all to be bleach blonde... but some parts are slightly different colour mainly her parting defintely darker might not be gingery but was slighlty darker..

im prob not making any sense....

Maybe try bleach with 6% on the darker bits to match up to the blonde bits. Once you have the base blonde you want then go in with and ash toner. Just make sure you develop visually. :)

Hi, an ash tint toner would probably work well on the roots but do be careful using ash on the blonder ends because if it is porous it may grab and ash is the worst for grabbing ,
if the ends need toning you may want to swap over or add more natural /0 to prevent grab ,
eg pastel toning 10/A for roots more 10/0 ends but this will depend on what the target shade of blonde you want ?
is it a target shade 8 or 9 or 10 you are after ?

i would usually use a wella colour fresh silver to take out the gingery/brassy tones and i usually apply at the basin as then i have more control on checking the product on the clients hair and getting the colour we want achieved hope this helps

x

hiya :)..

her hair came out fine..hoorah... :hug:

Congrats! It's always nice when it works out :green:

Latest posts

Back