Toning bleach blonde to grey

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmsiepie76

NVQ 3, State Registered & D32/33 Award
Reaction score
Hi guys, I use Schwarzkopf in my salon and a client wants the 'grey'. I'll post a pic of her hair for you to see but I was thinking of doing a mix of 9,5-22 with some 8.29 in it. Question is, can I do this with 3% on wet hair and will it achieve the violet/grey she wants? Any help would be appreciated :)

Attachments

• 1446140772404.jpg
    1446140772404.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 202
That looks quite yellow to me, it'll need to be white first, if it is yellow start off with 0.11 with 3% untill it's white as can be then use the 9.5 22 with 0.11 mix with 3% it can all be done wet

So should I do 0.11 on dry hair, straight though? I need to do her roots anyway and she usually has bleach with 6% then I tone with 9.01 (frosty milkshake) so should I just use 0.11 as the toner instead :)

I would lighten roots then whilst washing off tone the lot with 0.11 then go in with the grey mix :) try to eliminate all traces of yellow before starting the grey, is 9.01 a schwarpskopf colour?

This is a better photo after an Olaplex treatment....

Attachments

• 1446154418561.jpg
    1446154418561.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 192
No it's a diacolour Richesse....I used it as she came to me from another salon and said she really liked it, so have only done it the once for her.

Dialight even!

Still looks a little yellow, use the 0.11 after bleach as a global toner at the basin it'll work great I promise :) then go for the grey :) I only ever tone my whites with 0.11 :)

Fantastic thank you. Will post a pic when done... :)

Still looks a little yellow, use the 0.11 after bleach as a global toner at the basin it'll work great I promise :) then go for the grey :) I only ever tone my whites with 0.11 :)
Could you tell me what 0.11 is please?

It's anti yellow concentrate. Why not leave it on for longer until one has a silver slightly lavender hue?
I don't really get the idea of toning twice! To me this is probably a thing manufactures wants us to do to use more colour tubes. I would apply at the basin though to massage it in as fast I can.

So use the 0.11 instead of the 9,5-22? Do you think it'll be 'grey' enough?

So all done.....9,5-22 with 0.11 added in, on wet hair so used as a toner...not as grey as I'd hoped but she loved it. Really it's gone to a platinum blonde with a few lilac strands through. Does look nice but hopefully I'll do it as a permanent next week and it will be stronger :)

Attachments

• 1446328168390.jpg
    1446328168390.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 195
what about Wella innocence 10/88 with a splash off 55/66?
Leave of on 30 mins on dry hair.
Will go dark but does wash up really quick. X

0-11 is Schwarzkopf

what about Wella innocence 10/88 with a splash off 55/66?
Leave of on 30 mins on dry hair.
Will go dark but does wash up really quick. X
Do all grey's fade quickly?

Do all grey's fade quickly?
Yes untill you get a decent build up, and even then they don't last much more than 6 weeks... on the pic u put above did you tone to white first or go in with the 9.5-22 & 0.11 mix straight off?

Went straight in with the above....so it basically toned the yellow. I ran out of time so did what I could. Do you think putting the 9,5-22 on dry hair as a permanent this week will make it stronger? I've never done this before so it's basically trail and error...and my client knows this. She's happy cos the results for her are good enough but for me (as always) Im expecting something different!

Only saying this really as used schwarzkopf pearlesence and was so excited as loved these colours but they washed out in a week! Had 3 clients come back and that knocked my confidence so am so 50/50 with things now

Latest posts

Back