Toning problems - white hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kc1992

Reaction score
Hi, hope I'm posting this in the right spot, if not, sorry :confused: !

I've been having a bit of issues getting my hair the right color to match my extensions. Usually I have no issue getting them to match but for some reason this time it's not coming out like it usually does.

I'm a natural level 6/7 blonde so it's not that hard to get me to that super blonde, pale yellow (pre-toning stage).

But once I put on my toner, it gets too ashy and dark. I used Wella's T18 on my hair with 20 volume (like the package says) and left it on for 10 minutes. I've seen other people do this for 10 minutes and get super silver, white results so not sure why my hair isn't cooperating =/ It's not too far off from my extensions but I'd really love for it to match. What should I do now to get it there? Thanks!

Here's some pictures (taken with daylight light bulbs in case you thought it was just the lighting) to look at of my hair + my hair compared to my extensions:
16gapvl.jpg

34y2sr6.jpg

103x3zm.jpg

The lines I'm more familiar with are loreal, wella, redken, and even kenra I would consider.
I've tried DiaLight in 10/12 with 6 vol. but it comes out too pinky-purple on my hair for some reason.

What do you guys think of Shades EQ in 09v? Or 09v+09T?

Last edited:
Your hair isn't matching the extensions because there is still too much yelow for the toner to neutralize. That's why your hair is beige instead of white. You've lifted to yellow, not pale yellow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back