Toning with Koleston and pastel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammyscissors

Reaction score
Hi geeks my sister on law is wanting me to do her roots id say her natural base is a 7 in the past ive previously been using clynol white powder bleach (red tub) with 3% and then toning with 12.81 and a generic 3% She always has sensitivity with the toner after bleach . The bleach is never left on longer then half an hour so my question /guery is .. im thinking of switching the toner to 10.16 and using pastel with it instead ... will this still give her the sensitivity as ive never used this before so going to buy it tmrw . Thanks x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi geeks my sister on law is wanting me to do her roots id say her natural base is a 7 in the past ive previously been using clynol white powder bleach (red tub) with 3% and then toning with 12.81 and a generic 3% She always has sensitivity with the toner after bleach . The bleach is never left on longer then half an hour so my question /guery is .. im thinking of switching the toner to 10.16 and using pastel with it instead ... will this still give her the sensitivity as ive never used this before so going to buy it tmrw . Thanks x

You souldnt use the 12 line to tone. Lift to a pale yellow then tone Using pastel and 10/16 xx

I know that now thats why im going to change it this time :) only realised once I joined salon geek x

It may be the 12 that's causing the sensitivity or it may just be that another chemical treatment is being applied after the bleach. Why not try a colour fresh? Also perhaps try a different bleach. Wella Blondor soft cream bleach is great. X

I know that now thats why im going to change it this time :) only realised once I joined salon geek x

You have answered your own question then 😊

You have answered your own question then 😊

My main question was about using pastel and sensitivity not just changing base lol x

It may be the 12 that's causing the sensitivity or it may just be that another chemical treatment is being applied after the bleach. Why not try a colour fresh? Also perhaps try a different bleach. Wella Blondor soft cream bleach is great. X

Ive beeb thinkin about trying it for ages thanks for the tips x

Wella blondor bleach is excellent for scalp applications xx

Also the colour fresh 10/81 is good for toning xx

The sensitivity will be caused by the high ammonia content of the high lift tint (12 series) - when applied to a scalp that's just been sensitised to bleach... Ouch... Sore scalp and the hair won't like it either ;) use the 10 line to tone with pastel developer or 3%, it will be lovely x

Latest posts

Back