Toning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirstymc

Reaction score
Hi geeks, I always get confused with this, when I'm dng highlights with let's say bleach and 1 or 2 colours of blonde. Do I still tone the bleach highlights or just emulsify at basin and the other colours in hair will tone bleached sections? Xx

Hi geeks, I always get confused with this, when I'm dng highlights with let's say bleach and 1 or 2 colours of blonde. Do I still tone the bleach highlights or just emulsify at basin and the other colours in hair will tone bleached sections? Xx

It depends what the clients desired outcome is. Gold/beige/ash result.
Most my clients like clean bleach foils, and I always use a good quality professional lightner, not needing to tone.xx

I agree sarah_clancy i Hardly ever tone highlights unless the client is wanting a different tone but most of the time I don't I use Wella blondor which lifts really well leaving a nice clean blonde I use silver shampoo xx

I agree sarah_clancy i Hardly ever tone highlights unless the client is wanting a different tone but most of the time I don't I use Wella blondor which lifts really well leaving a nice clean blonde I use silver shampoo xx

I do the same unless of course they want it a different tone x

I use wella blondor and is lovely colour never need to tone, but i do have some clients which have been darker previously and now blonde but only do the root area but feel ends are a bit warm. Would u take colour all through again or tone to even out?

Depends what depth of hair im working with to whether i tone , but most of the time i quite like the contrast between the different colours :) xx

I use wella blondor and is lovely colour never need to tone, but i do have some clients which have been darker previously and now blonde but only do the root area but feel ends are a bit warm. Would u take colour all through again or tone to even out?
If the clients hair is in good condition , i would lift out abit more, but very gently , with 3% . But if it is just a little warmer and not darker i would just tone :) xx

If the clients hair is in good condition , i would lift out abit more, but very gently , with 3% . But if it is just a little warmer and not darker i would just tone :) xx

Thats exactly what i did, i just toned the whole lot and was much better. Just like to find out what everyone else does.

Sorry what? How can you just emulsify the colour in? Without properly shampooing an conditioning the bleach highlights it wouldn't be properly neutralised so any residual tone it pics up from the colour won't be true and most likely patchy on porous areas IMO.

Latest posts

Back