Too Cheap!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moby

Reaction score
Hi all! I have 2 problems! Hope you can help!
I qualified in April and have done 10 girls in total – I still take 3 hours for a full P&W set but everyone is super pleased with them!

1st problem – All the people know in my area are the NSS – The girls I have done can’t believe the difference, with how thin and natural looking they are and that the white doesn’t fade and STAYS ON.
I did a few girls for free at first to research in what they would like service wise and how much they would be willing to pay….
The have come back with £20 - £25 max for P&W!!
I have started off mobile (which I love!) BUT even though I go to their homes – I have been asked for discount twice! My full sets are £20 for gods sake!!!!!!

I offered one of the discount women 10% off the following:
Full Set P&W - £20 (Yes I can’t believe it myself), Gel Toes P&W - £30, Diamantes – £3, for 10 - Full Nail Art, Hands & Feet Est. 70 Diams. - £21, Pre-Design - £5, Polish - £3, Gel Topcoat for Nail Art – Hands & Feet - £4
Total = £83
10% Off Total = £74.70
She said she wanted it all for £60! I told her I couldn’t do that and she said she has changed her mind and would only like her hands done then, I said that would be fine.

I have stressed to every client that my products are professional – I DO NOT compete with the NSS and am trying to get myself seen in the same standard as a professional from a salon. They all see it themselves and agree and are very happy but when asked about pricing, they still do not want to pay more than £20! (The going rate at the NSS).
I have heard the opinions to start high from the beginning – But when I have asked a few of the free people and a couple of clients – they have told me that they wouldn’t have bothered with me if I charged anymore L
I will post my second problem on a different thread – it is a salon issue

Can anyone give me any ideas how to stop this *cheapness* from my clients!?!??! I don’t seem to have attracted the ‘wrong type’ of girls – they are a mixture with older woman and all from varying backgrounds, some who are well off! Also, I am very pleased with my work and a salon owner approached me as she was impressed! So I can’t be going wrong with my work quality wise! And I am always friendly too! Lol.
I love doing nails… but I need to make a living off it! Has anyone else had problems like this?? Please help!

If people want the standard of nails that are done at these non standard salons then they should go there.

Please do not try to compete with these places on price - beat them on quality. I would do some research round the quality salons in your area and see what they are charging - are they busy?

Aspire to educate your potential and existing clients to value their natural nails more than the NSS.

If you are building a house, it needs a strong foundation - same for nails - the healthier the natural nails, the better the enhancement will be.

Dont sell yourself short.

Please fill out your profile so we can learn a bit about you.

Hun, I don't know of any NSS that make house calls :eek:

Just on that point alone, you should be charging more and I fail to see how any of these clients could argue that point.

Maybe they view you as fresh out of school and they value your nails as "beginner" nails.

Value is a funny word. People will pay through the nose for something they value highly. You have to figure out how to make it so. I wish I had the magic answer but I don't. I do however think you are on the right track and don't even consider lowering your prices.

Good luck
Laura x

Try to express the fact that you are mobile....and don't give an inch on lowering your price....! as far as your nails quality will show and word of mouth will spread....the more you do the faster you will get .....with experience comes swiftness....but remember fast is not always better ....I'm sure there are allott of us on here with many years/ months on there belt who still take a couple hours to complete a full set of nails.....I know with me if I were mobile it would take me longer ....I hate being without MY table ....it's made just for me ,also my comfort zone ! ......and being mobile and sitting at say.... a kitchen table that would suck!

Latest posts

Back