Too many Shellac lamps, SweetSquared and eBay!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sunshineinme

Reaction score
Hello ladies& gents

I have a moral dilemma.

I have 2 CND lamps. I work mobile and from my house. Two lamps are more then enough for 1 person. I am not opening a salon or willing to employ anyone.

I am doing Cnd complete course and I just got 3rd lamp and there will be one more coming with my Brisa kit.

I rang Sweet Squared and told them that 4 lamps or 1 person is too much and is there anything they could do to swap the lamps for something else otherwise I will have to sell the lamps on eBay. I said that I it's against my principles to sell lamps on eBay but I can't afford keeping them for sake of keeping them. NO and NO were the answers.

I understand that kit is "packed and sent from elsewhere" but surely not every case is the same.

I am a bit upset now as i feel that SweetSquared would prefer if i sell the lamp off to unqualified people on ebay rather then agree on a solution good for both sides.

I didn't ask for money back- I'd much rather prefer buffers and top coats haha :)

I asked a lady on the phone if they have any ideas on how i could sell the lamp without putting it on eBay (so that only the qualified person gets it) and there was a big NO.

So my question is what are your opinions?

I will probably put the lamp on eBay for much less then it's worth to get rd of it but I am tad disappointed that my fave ever company somehow would prefer me/us to trade on eBay instead of working things out with us :(

I feel dirty mentioning eBay haha ;)

I have a similar dilemma to you.

I have a load of CND l&p products still brand new and unused which I no longer require but s2 don't have a buy back scheme or somewhere I could sell onto other CND qualified techs.

I have been reduced to selling on facebook for now but feel awful as I don't know if these people are really qualified by CND or just want their products but I don't want to waste the money I spent on them, leaving them lying in a cupboard.

x

You will only get 1 on your CND Complete Course not 2 so really isn't having a 3rd lamp as a spare a good idea?
You could always use the 3rd lamp for feet?

I have 2 CND Lamps and 2 of the old Brisa Lamps I will be getting 3 or 4 new lamps when I can :)
:hug:

I have a similar dilemma to you.

I have a load of CND l&p products still brand new and unused which I no longer require but s2 don't have a buy back scheme or somewhere I could sell onto other CND qualified techs.

I have been reduced to selling on facebook for now but feel awful as I don't know if these people are really qualified by CND or just want their products but I don't want to waste the money I spent on them, leaving them lying in a cupboard.

x

Try advertising your professional products here Beauty Guild : Classifieds
:)

Well this was one of my reasons why i am still thinking on doing the shellac course i am quite happy with the lamp and system i am using now at 36 watt and to go and buy another lamp just to cure shellac is mindless really what would i do with the lamp i am happy using .And look at how many good professional company's that are doing gel polish now it is everywhere in with well known brands.The shellac course costs a fortune with the kit just to learn to prep and paint gel polish with what CND call skill..:( And i already have a 14 watt lamp i cannot be rid of and i have had that since i left my first course in gel at college and nobody would buy that as it cant cure a thing it would be for me a huge waste ..They tell you to go on a course and *buy* a kit on the next big thing in the industry but they do not tell you how to sell on what you were using before so you do not lose out it is just greed from these company's to get you spend unnecessary money to line there pockets........my rant over!!

I do not know if gum tree will be of help and ask to see qualification before selling advertise for profestional only!

Last edited:
Hello ladies& gents

I have a moral dilemma.

I have 2 CND lamps. I work mobile and from my house. Two lamps are more then enough for 1 person. I am not opening a salon or willing to employ anyone.

I am doing Cnd complete course and I just got 3rd lamp and there will be one more coming with my Brisa kit.

I rang Sweet Squared and told them that 4 lamps or 1 person is too much and is there anything they could do to swap the lamps for something else otherwise I will have to sell the lamps on eBay. I said that I it's against my principles to sell lamps on eBay but I can't afford keeping them for sake of keeping them. NO and NO were the answers.

I understand that kit is "packed and sent from elsewhere" but surely not every case is the same.

I am a bit upset now as i feel that SweetSquared would prefer if i sell the lamp off to unqualified people on ebay rather then agree on a solution good for both sides.

I didn't ask for money back- I'd much rather prefer buffers and top coats haha :)

I asked a lady on the phone if they have any ideas on how i could sell the lamp without putting it on eBay (so that only the qualified person gets it) and there was a big NO.

So my question is what are your opinions?

I will probably put the lamp on eBay for much less then it's worth to get rd of it but I am tad disappointed that my fave ever company somehow would prefer me/us to trade on eBay instead of working things out with us :(

I feel dirty mentioning eBay haha ;)

When I discussed the possibility of doing the Brisa course with one of the educators at Creative Academy Manchester, she told me that, as I already had a lamp from my Shellac course, I would be able to get the equivalent value in products instead.

Well this was one of my reasons why i am still thinking on doing the shellac course i am quite happy with the lamp and system i am using now at 36 watt and to go and buy another lamp just to cure shellac is mindless really what would i do with the lamp i am happy using .

And look at how many good professional company's that are doing gel polish now it is everywhere in very well known brand.:( And i already i have a 14 watt lamp i cannot be rid of and i have had that since i left my first course in gel at college and nobody would buy that as it cant cure a thing it would be for me a huge waste ..They tell you do go a course and *buy* a kit on the next big thing in the industry but they do not tell you how to sell on what you were using before so you do not lose out it is just greed from these company's to get you spend unnecessary money to line there pockets........my rant over!!

I'm sorry but it defiantly isn't 'mindless' to buy a lamp that cures your system correctly its called Professional!

CND spend 5 years developing Shellac gaining no profits in that time to make sure the whole system works, telling you that you need the CND Lamp isn't a money making scam it is to guarantee that you are getting 100% from the product and making profits.

Have you taken any time to read any information about UV Lamps?
I would highly recommend you do a search and spend time reading and taking in the important information.

To the OP, I agree with your point about not everyone being the same with the equipment they already have. But I would keep it as a spare, as you never know when you may need it.

If this thread is heading where it looks like it's going, then on the plus side, I suppose we were overdue another lamp thread :eek::grr:

I'm sorry but it defiantly isn't 'mindless' to buy a lamp that cures your system correctly its called Professional!

CND spend 5 years developing Shellac gaining no profits in that time to make sure the whole system works, telling you that you need the CND Lamp isn't a money making scam it is to guarantee that you are getting 100% from the product and making profits.

Have you taken any time to read any information about UV Lamps?
I would highly recommend you do a search and spend time reading and taking in the important information.

yes i know that jargon but the question i can not get answered is!!! what will i do with my perfectly good lamp that did cure gel just as good and i was using before and i do not have staff to pass it onto
waste not want not!

To the OP, I agree with your point about not everyone being the same with the equipment they already have. But I would keep it as a spare, as you never know when you may need it.

If this thread is heading where it looks like it's going, then on the plus side, I suppose we were overdue another lamp thread :eek::grr:

lolz:D

This looks like one of these damned if they do and damned if they dont kind of situations.

Look at it the other way round:

You booked on your course and hey they then tell you that you have to buy the lamp too to get the best out of your system, I bet there would be some who would start a thread saying that grrr as well as the cost of the course we have to shell out for a lamp too when I already have a lamp which will do the job, but will it.

I dont quite understand the frustration here - you are getting the lamp for nothing and you are able to sell it on or keep it as Karen suggests as a back up. It is not as if they are asking you to pay extra for something that you feel you dont need.

I've tried that but because I'm not a paying member, they won't let me advertise (I have insurance with ABT)

You don't have to be a member to advertise on there. I've done it. Have another go.

Well this was one of my reasons why i am still thinking on doing the shellac course i am quite happy with the lamp and system i am using now at 36 watt and to go and buy another lamp just to cure shellac is mindless really what would i do with the lamp i am happy using.

The shellac course costs a fortune with the kit just to learn to prep and paint gel polish with what CND call skill..

I really dont want all the happy, profitable and skillful CND Shellac techs to jump on these inflammatory remarks. It is not necessary, and we are grown up enough to ignore it surely.

Beautybemine you have made these remarks before, and of course you are entitled to your opinion, BUT could you please just make up your mind...do the Shellac course and get the proper lamp, or choose a Gel polish and use your current lamp. Just stop debating it on here.
I really don't think CND/S2 will be bothered either way ;)

Last edited:

Made me chuckle. :D

I really do t want all the happy, profitable and skilful CND Shellac techs to jump on these inflammatory remarks. It is not necessary, and we are grown up enough to ignore it surely.

Beautybemine you have made these remarks before, and of course you are entitled to your opinion, BUT could you please just make up your mind...do the Shellac course and get the proper lamp, or choose a Gel polish and use your current lamp. Just stop debating it on here.
I really don't think CND/S2 will be bothered either way ;)

excuse me ignore it if you feel but i have said nothing wrong really i have simply said what will i do with my other lamp..And in asking that question i think i am grown up i know how to spend money not waste it. and as for term inflammatory that is awful big term mean -tending to arouse anger, hostility, passion, etc.: inflammatory speeches.well thanks complimenting my passion but honestly i do not see how asking about what do with my old lamp would arouse anger really when the girl who did the thread was asking asking the same thing????

yes i know that jargon but the question i can not get answered is!!! what will i do with my perfectly good lamp that did cure gel just as good and i was using before and i do not have staff to pass it onto
waste not want not!

the same as the rest of us do, you still use your other lamp for your gel products etc and then when the lamps need replacing you either dont and stick with just your cnd lamp, sell it or keep using it for your other products.

i have 2 lamps that i use for bio sculpture, a spare lamp in the cupboard and my cnd lamp. once my other lamps bulbs are finished i will just use cnd xx

Even I am now the unwilling proud owner of 3 lamps!!! Ha HA. I had 4 but sold one to a girl doing a gel course, the other three were just by accident really. My lamp died so I was forced to rush out and buy one from Capital, then the original one got replaced which left me with 2 and the last one I "inherited" from a tech giving up nails. So now my Dilemma is, do I get rid of all of them when I finally change to CND ? I cant keep them as back ups because non are CND lamps or do I keep using what I am ? I know that once I have done the CND course I will not be using any other products so currently the plan is to use up all my products, take a little break from nails
( Due to health and other business commitments) and when I return do the course and start up with a fabulous new kit and products. Hope the plan works out as expected. LOL

Isn't it the same with anything?
I have bought a new super duper iron and my old one still works perfectly fine. So what do I do with my old one?
I'm sure if I went to Morphy Richards and asked them to exchange it for some plugs and fuses, they'd laugh me out of the shop.
I don't get what you expect SS to do!

Isn't it the same with anything?
I have bought a new super duper iron and my old one still works perfectly fine. So what do I do with my old one?
I'm sure if I went to Morphy Richards and asked them to exchange it for some plugs and fuses, they'd laugh me out of the shop.
I don't get what you expect SS to do!

Fair point, but she is not asking to trade her old one in for other 'stuff' but can they take it out of the pack she is getting (a brand new lamp) and replace for the value with 'stuff' she does need, so shes not wasting her money and yet another lamp inst sitting in the cupboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back