Too many Shellac lamps, SweetSquared and eBay!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But she needs the shellac lamp to cure shellac so she needs the lamp for the system she is using.
I really don't get what the problem is.
As with anything in life, if you upgrade to something better then you buy the things you need to use with it and your old items are either sold on or chucked away.
You upgrade your phone and you need a new charger. What happens to your old charger? If you decide to upgrade your phone then that's your choice. You know before you upgrade that you will need the accessories to go with it. End of!

the OP is not complaining about what to do with an out-dated model which she has replaced with a better model. She had 2 CND lamps and has been given another one as part of her CND course, so now she has 3 lamps exactly the same.

It is a bit disingenuous to say the lamp is free so she shouldn't complain as of course the cost of it has been factored into the course price so she has paid for it albeit indirectly.

But she needs the shellac lamp to cure shellac so she needs the lamp for the system she is using.
I really don't get what the problem is.
As with anything in life, if you upgrade to something better then you buy the things you need to use with it and your old items are either sold on or chucked away.
You upgrade your phone and you need a new charger. What happens to your old charger? If you decide to upgrade your phone then that's your choice. You know before you upgrade that you will need the accessories to go with it. End of!

I think you didn't read my post fully....

It is a bit disingenuous to say the lamp is free so she shouldn't complain as of course the cost of it has been factored into the course price so she has paid for it albeit indirectly.

Well said. And instead of having 4 CND lamps I'd much rather have products I know I use :(

Shame my thread caused so much irritation and even fall outs.

Thank you everyone for your contribution. I can't respond much as busy but will pop in here in the evening xxx

Employ someone :)

Sounds daft. But could you not put it on the s2 Facebook page maybe? X

Did you buy 2 lamps before going on the course??
I don't get how you have 2 CND lamps already.

You pay your money and cnd trains you and gives you the equipment so that you can carry out the treatment. Nowt wrong with that.

You could do a wax course and end up with more than one wax heater. Nowt wrong with that either.

I think the bulk of the cost paid for a cnd course goes towards the education you get and im more than happy with that.

Ultimately unqualified people can buy kit from loads of places. They could buy a full gel kit at their local sallys if they really wanted to. You cant stop the cowboys and i think if you sell kit on ebay it could be purchased by a student and inspire tham to be a good nail tech.

Ive done brisa at the manchester academy and they said that if i do shellac i can swap the lamp for other stuff. Have yet to pass the brisa course but heres hoping i do and when i do i wont have any doubts about paying for the shellac course/kit

Maybe i am floating my own boat here and i like it i am not on the same ship as everyone else and proud of it Lolz

I really cannot believe why the OP should get so much grief? She has asked a perfectly valid question. Why can't CND reduce the cost of a lamp or give her other products to the value is she already has 2 lamps? A valid query if you ask me.:)

I really cannot believe why the OP should get so much grief? She has asked a perfectly valid question. Why can't CND reduce the cost of a lamp or give her other products to the value is she already has 2 lamps? A valid query if you ask me.:)

Completely agree!

I think it is good that the Manchester stockist does exchange extra lamps for products, but this is not a strict company policy. She will be able to do it because she is a smaller concern and can literally do this by hand, and will probably know her clients personally having taught them.
However at S2 they cannot tailor individual orders to suit customers, it is too big a concern and orders are all picked and packaged in a warehouse.

As has been said before if S2 didn't supply lamps in the Course Kit and told people it would need to be bought separately people would complain...so they really can't win, but I think erring on the side of providing a lamp is the best option for them to take.

To be honest I just think this is one of those situations that can't be resolved and the OP may well end up with 4 lamps, but at least she won't have to buy replacement bulbs for a while ! :wink2:

I really dont want all the happy, profitable and skillful CND Shellac techs to jump on these inflammatory remarks. It is not necessary, and we are grown up enough to ignore it surely.

Beautybemine you have made these remarks before, and of course you are entitled to your opinion, BUT could you please just make up your mind...do the Shellac course and get the proper lamp, or choose a Gel polish and use your current lamp. Just stop debating it on here.
I really don't think CND/S2 will be bothered either way ;)

when reported this was her reply

izzidoll said:
I see you are not happy with my reply to you on the latest lamp thread.
I have not answered you on the post as I really don't want to take it off topic.
However I felt I should reply to you.

I did quote the parts of your post that I thought were inflammatory, the comments you made like
"to buy a new lamp just to cure Shellac is mindless"
And
"The shellac course costs a fortune with the kit just to learn to prep and paint gel polish with what CND call skill.."

I think they are inflammatory and would indeed
tend to arouse anger, hostility, passion, etc.: amongst CND Shellac users who have done the course and purchased the kit and proper lamp, and feel they have learned a skill.

I did not in fact answer your question as to what to do with your lamp, but I see souz has on the thread so see no need to add to that.

I hope this does clarify why I posted what I did, although I don't see why you didn't realise this was the case as I did quote your comments, not your whole post.
Maybe you are just being deliberately obtuse in order to keep it going and disrupt the thread ?

Surely not ;)

Isabel

No i have not disrupt anything and to use big words to judge someones character is daft ..Obtuse ...okay you really do not know me to be so personal i am none of those to be frank and to think a simple sorry would have been nice for the rude comment made but suit sad yourself. Because i will not be back on here to think a mod who suppose to know better speaks so rude to you and this site is what they claim will help you along your way in business do me favour tara

You obviously missed the bit about not putting anything on the thread and taking it off topic ;)

I stand by every word in my PM and do not think it rude...however if you wish to reply please do so by PM (Private message !) as conversations by 2 people off topic on a thread is against site rules.

The only apology I shall give is to the OP for letting a little dispute like this disrupt her thread.
Hopefully by now though she has a plan for her lamps :wink2:

Last edited:
I think you didn't read my post fully....

No I didn't, and my apologies.
I guess the way to look at it then is, if the lamp is free with your training then you can sell it on and make a bit of money which will bring the price of your course down.
There is a group on facebook full of professionals that is for buying and selling beauty stuff if you're interested :)

@beautybemine - your comments were insulting and snide and Izzi was right to note that. I've just read this whole thread and can't understand why you are being deliberately antagonistic?
Whatever the rights and wrongs of having four lamps the OP has options available to her and I am sure most people understand that unfortunately huge logistic operations like S2 can't start picking bits and pieces out of kits to suit attendees at courses who may already have lamps and all the rest. Maybe there is need for a no kit option where you can purchase what you require from the shop on the day of your course, or Pre order and pick it up on the day.
We all started off and changed systems, lamps, products and where you can re-use great, I have a uv lamp I had from a gel nail course, I understood when changing to Shellac that I would need the lamp. The other one is sitting in my cupboard unused now. No big deal as I have well made back the costs of investing in Shellac and have a great brand to work with.
Not going to get bitter over a lamp or moving onto better products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back