Top coat error

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christine Mary

Reaction score
I received my Brisa Lite yesterday, the sculpting, and also the smoothing.
Today I thought I'd try it out on one hand on myself.
Have to say that it's beautiful, very easy to apply, and the end results look very nice.
I also decided to do one nail with Shellac, just to see. I chose Hollywood, and found that over the smoothing gel I only needed one thin coat to get very good colour. And, it was just so easy to apply, as smooth as silk. However, here is my error, for some reason, (probably with all my stress at the moment), I top coated with the Brisa lite top coat instead of the Shellac top coat! It looks very good, but I'm just wondering what sort of problems I can expect, and am I the only one to be a dafty?

Hi, it's exactly what I did. I think the booklet that came with it said to use the Brisa top coat, although I know I read on here to use the top coat that goes with what's under. I used Brisa smoothing with Strawberry Smoothie and Brisa top coat and bearing in mind I can't keep Shellac on for a week, over a week later my nails look pretty good, so no damage done. They might look even better with the Shellac top coat lol x

Latest posts

Back