Top coat issue!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New Nailz

Reaction score
Has anyone else had this problem. A topcoat not covering the whole of the nail when curing. I have found that a client has come back after putting Gelish topcoat on her nails, and there is what looks like a small space in the middle that didn't cover, but the rest of the nail around it is.

My guess would have been, if the surface wasn't buffed properly after removing the tacky layer, and some shine was still present on the nail.

BUT.... this is Gelish topcoat, and obviously you just apply it straight onto the colour after curing. What do you think has caused this?!

Has anyone else had this problem. A topcoat not covering the whole of the nail when curing. I have found that a client has come back after putting Gelish topcoat on her nails, and there is what looks like a small space in the middle that didn't cover, but the rest of the nail around it is.

My guess would have been, if the surface wasn't buffed properly after removing the tacky layer, and some shine was still present on the nail.

BUT.... this is Gelish topcoat, and obviously you just apply it straight onto the colour after curing. What do you think has caused this?!

The only thing I can think of is maybe your bulbs are on their way out. Was the topcoat over Gelish? or was it over rockstar or mica? How long before she noticed it and came back to you? Did they look shiney after wiping the inhibition layer off at the end of treatment?

Hi
The same happened to me with a bottle of super shiny from LE. All of a sudden there is places on the nails without any topcoat on. A new bottle and ALL nails the same. Just into the bin. Opened another bottle and perfect results.. Talked to the supplier here and she never heard of it and it must be my bulbs. The funny thing was my LE lamps was brand new, ordered them the same day and changed at the same time.. so just in the bin, the supplier said it was something I did. But why don’t my bottles before and the following bottles have a issue ?
Some mishaps in factory maybe ?

The only thing I can think of is maybe your bulbs are on their way out. Was the topcoat over Gelish? or was it over rockstar or mica? How long before she noticed it and came back to you? Did they look shiney after wiping the inhibition layer off at the end of treatment?

It's practically a new CND lamp.
The Gelish topcoat was over Gelish colour.
She noticed it acouple of days after application.
Yes, they looked shiney, but I could have overlooked the parts that didn't cover properly!

Very strange.

Ooer I really don't know what to think then. She did put the nails into the lamp properly? Didn't knock her fingers going into the lamp and inadvertently smudge a bit of top coat off? It's baffling isn't it?!

Is the product going on thick enough, so when curing it has enough to shrink a little, i had this with another topcoat i think it was nsi finishing gloss but when applied a little thicker, (not to flood) all was ok.x

I've had this When I've not used enough top coat and after curing it shrinks and it doesn't cover properly.

E x

okay, this does sound like this is the problem, and I may have put the top coat on too thin!

It happened to me the other day too and I'm sure I applied mine way too thin as well!

Latest posts

Back