Top talons

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joanne2005

Reaction score
have been looking though the yellow pages has anyone been on a training course with someone called "TOP TALONS":rolleyes:

joanne2005 said:
have been looking though the yellow pages has anyone been on a training course with someone called "TOP TALONS":rolleyes:

yes me....very very very basic....you can not learn all you need to know in a one day course in a room of about 14 people in a hotel function room.

I was taught to blend tips with acetone:eek: , wasnt told how to infil, and they passed everyone in the room. the girl that did my nails made a right hash of it....still walked away with her certificate so she could get her insurance to be a nail tek.

Luckily it gave me the 'taste' to go on and get more training.

Save your hundred quid and go on a proper course.....you cant beat CREATIVE's training.

jmho !!

amb xxx

Would I Have To Start From The Foundation Course With Them If Ive Been Doing Nails For 12m? Cus Was Thinking Ov Doing One:d

your best to ring and ask them i think they have changed a few things so...best hearing it from the horses mouth.

Who/where did you originally train?

All Nail Treatments At College And Also Star Nails. But To Fancy Doing Creative Brisa And Creative L&p Does Anyone Know Wot Sort Ov Money Is It To Do Them?:|

yes i trained with them too (in 2002) and have to agree with amber that you will learn the VERY bare minimum, thnigs might have changes slightly since i did mine but as amber also said mine was in a hotel function room in nottingham, and i wasnt taught infils. The tutor then recommended that i use palms products which are a bloody nightmare (but thats just my opinion), out of curiosity how much are the courses now, i know i payed £125

joanne2005 said:
All Nail Treatments At College And Also Star Nails. But To Fancy Doing Creative Brisa And Creative L&p Does Anyone Know Wot Sort Ov Money Is It To Do Them?:|
If you have recognised certificate and 12 month experience as a nail tech then you could do the L&P conversion @ £95 + vat or Brisa conversion @ £199 + vat but give them a ring as these prices could have changed by now.

Just posting this in case anyone else comes here looking for the same info. Found this by accident!
I've done a course with Top Talons. Only 6 people on the course in a purpose built training suite in Chesterfield. You can use whatever products you wish as they will accomodate your wishes. No selling of products just there to learn.
Quite a long day and very tiring. The kit is very extensive and there is really no need to buy any bits and bobs before, or after.
Again the kit can include your choice of Brand. There are a variety of courses, however you are not pushed at all to do any follow ups, ie, nail art.
At the end of the day whichever way you go, its down to practice, practice, practice.

I'll back the others up here all the way,
Contact sweet squared hun, Only my opinion of course but you will never look back,
The best training, the best customer care...the lovliest bunch of people and amazing products, and is recognised world wide.

When I look at the cost of things now, I look more at the VALUE I am getting for the money I will pay , rather than how much I will pay if you know what I mean,
This go's with anything I buy.... the value you get with CND is first class !
Hope this helps xxx :hug:

Here is a link to the website,
There are brochures you can click on with course information and prices,
Give them a call for anything else you need to know, the girls on the phones are fab xx

Education at The Creative Academy

I can certainly recommend Creative too. You won't regret going with them. Their training is fantastic and will be of the same high standard wherever you train.

I know we dont discus prices on here:green: but my days 'training' JUST made it into 3 figures....i spose i learned my lesson from there on YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR !

I came away with a 'thirst' for carrying on and seeking more training....(having now spent easily into 4 FIGURES for my training )...my mates kit was still on the top of her wardrobe 3 years later when she moved house:eek:

Amb x

yeah i have! not very impressed with them at all! anyone can do a day course with them and get a certificate at the end..shocking! i have been advertising for a beauty therapist and nail tech and have had one or two that did training with them! and to be honest i didn't rate them at all x

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back