topcoat for airbrush nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lil_miss_me

Reaction score
Hi i normally use medea topcoat for my airbrush designs which is ok but was wondering if i could apply a uv topcoat that is used under a lamp ? and do you apply this straight over the airbrush design or do you apply a normal airbrush topcoat leave it to dry then apply the uv top coat:confused:
thanks x

i would recommend using your medea top coat before applying the gel, as you may smudge the design with your gel brush. x

I spray varnish over airbrush designs then medea topcoat and a coat of super shiny. I wont chance brush strokes in my polish.
For french/simple designs I dont spray varnish unless the nails are quite long

thanks. what spray varnish should i use?

medea have a spray on varnish and it stops brush strokes in your airbrushing as there is a layer between airbrush paint and topcoat, takes only a few seconds and has saved me lots of heartache! I think it also stops crackling as sometimes I dont give full designs enough drying time (usually my createx paints)

I would use the spray varnish first hun, do you have one with your current brand?

oh i do use the medea sealer varnish before i apply the top coat but still cant seem to make the nail art last a long time. i just thought i saw somewhere that uv topcoat was good on airbrush nail art but iv had a look on search but i cant see it.
thanks for you replies :)

are you capping the edge with your medea top coat? i forgot to do it the other day & my design started peeling at the free edge within a couple days.
a good trick is to sell your client a bottle of top coat & tell them to apply a fresh coat every few days, it really helps it to last longer x

Latest posts

Back