Totally stuck with prices

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NB Beauty

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I am in a bit of a sticky situation trying to finalise prices for my new salon which I run from home!!

I am trained in bio sculpture and charge £20 for a set of overlays but when friends+clients come for infills I still charged the same even though I was soaking them off and putting on a brand new set!! I really dont know if this was stupid or not as at time of starting this I wanted keep my prices low as my overheads are not as high as those in town etc!!

Need advice please. My salon isnt officially open yet so do you geeks think I shud even charge infills a couple of pound dearer or wud this be wrong to put them up once I have opened?? I dont want to do myself with money but also dont want to loose any clients!!! I have a lot of competition for bio sculpture around where I live!!! I am an average price!!!! ahhhhh stressing out someone pls help me lol

Naomi x :|

Hi Guys

I am in a bit of a sticky situation trying to finalise prices for my new salon which I run from home!!

I am trained in bio sculpture and charge £20 for a set of overlays but when friends+clients come for infills I still charged the same even though I was soaking them off and putting on a brand new set!! I really dont know if this was stupid or not as at time of starting this I wanted keep my prices low as my overheads are not as high as those in town etc!!

Need advice please. My salon isnt officially open yet so do you geeks think I shud even charge infills a couple of pound dearer or wud this be wrong to put them up once I have opened?? I dont want to do myself with money but also dont want to loose any clients!!! I have a lot of competition for bio sculpture around where I live!!! I am an average price!!!! ahhhhh stressing out someone pls help me lol

Naomi x :|

Hi Naomi,

Sorry If I mis-read your post but if your doing infills how come your removing all the nails :S ?

I charge £22 for a set of gel nails and £15 for infills, if a client wants brand new set I would charge £22 inclduing removal, if a client wanted them removed I would charge my mini manicure price ad I would remove them all and then give them a mini manicure, hope that makes sense xx

Hi Naomi,

Sorry If I mis-read your post but if your doing infills how come your removing all the nails :S ?

I charge £22 for a set of gel nails and £15 for infills, if a client wants brand new set I would charge £22 inclduing removal, if a client wanted them removed I would charge my mini manicure price ad I would remove them all and then give them a mini manicure, hope that makes sense xx

Thanks for ur reply :) Totally get what you are saying and thats were I am kind of confused lol infills in Bio sculpture I was taught to soak off completely every time they come back whereas an infill to me is buffing down yes and filling in literally lol does this sound ok then £20 for first set and brand new set and then say £16 for a normal infill?? so hard making up rices taking me forever haha xx

Thanks for ur reply :) Totally get what you are saying and thats were I am kind of confused lol infills in Bio sculpture I was taught to soak off completely every time they come back whereas an infill to me is buffing down yes and filling in literally lol does this sound ok then £20 for first set and brand new set and then say £16 for a normal infill?? so hard making up rices taking me forever haha xx

Ahh right ok! Hmm surley that would just mean a new set then, thats odd! hopefully another geek will come along to clarify, or maybe you could contact your trainer or bio sculpture to confirm!

Yea I would charge less for an infill but definatly charge for a full set if they want new ones applied :) Have a look in your area to see what other salons charge for infills and there procedures :)

I know its so hard stressed me out a lot!!

Hope that helps xx

Hey!
I charge £42 for overlays (with or without soak off) £25 for an infill and sculptured set £50. when first did training I was taught to infill but I constantly do workshops/refresh days and have now been taught to soak off and redo. So have some clients who have always had infills. I seem a lot compared to u guys but this way I can afford to do offers each month (eg so much off or a % off) Also I have a lot of confidence in my work (been doing bio sculpture for 9 years.)
Most around my area are pretty much the same for bio too x

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Thanks geeks!!

I am charging less even though I feel from my work I could charge more! Working from home I feel I should be cheaper if use know what I mean plus everyone around me is roughly same price apart from bigger salons are a lot dearer!!

Thanks for advice :lol:

gjg1 quick question do you soak off every time then? What way do use think is better soaking off every time or every other time?? its confusing I think!:|

gjg1 quick question do you soak off every time then? What way do use think is better soaking off every time or every other time?? its confusing I think!:|
In theory, you should NEVER have to remove a set - I'm pretty sure that's something I read on here and providing there's no lifting it would make sense, there's no need to keep prepping the whole natural nail, just an infill should make the set look brand new again anyway.

As for removal & a new set, you should be charging more than the original set, not the same or less, it takes more time and time is money! :D

In theory, you should NEVER have to remove a set - I'm pretty sure that's something I read on here and providing there's no lifting it would make sense, there's no need to keep prepping the whole natural nail, just an infill should make the set look brand new again anyway.

As for removal & a new set, you should be charging more than the original set, not the same or less, it takes more time and time is money! :D

That totally makes sense you know and i always look at mine thinking OMG what a waste cause they arent lifting or peeling they just growth showing!

I swear I love salon geek its amazing and thanks emily great Info defo gona charge more for a brand new set now otherwise I am doing myself!! lol :):lol:

£20 for a set of overlays is really very cheap for Bio, it's not a cheap product, are you making enough?

I think if it were me, I would up the overlay price to at least £25, then have separate pricing for infills (maybe just a few £ less), individual repairs and soak off. I include the soak off in the price of a new set, but there is a lot more product used in a removal and new set so your prices should reflect this. Hope that helps.

I have used Bio for 8 years and have never offered in-fills.

We do not do offer whole sets of tips or sculptures, we only do overlays.

When BioSculpture used to endorse in-filling they advised that after the third in-fill the old set of overlays was to be removed and a fresh set applied.

We charge for repairs, tips/sculptures for broken nails, soak-off and tidy (no overlays) and soak-off prior to new overlays.

Jacqui xx

Is bio different from acrylic & gel? :) I thought it was just another brand, sorry :o

lol yeah. It really depends on my client. Most want to change the colour so obviously need to soak off. Most times I do soak off but I always use vitamin dose and executive base. I prep each time, even with infills as its the most important bit. This is what I was taught.
As I mainly soak off and redo I charge one price for overlays (with or without soak off) this way it covers my time. I also give out a bottle of cuticle oil for first time clients. I see this as a way to get them to use it and when they have run out they then normally buy it from me. I always tell them that I know if they haven't used it (which is true)! They are normally very good lol.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back