TPTW New Year business honesty and solutions!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mizzy_dizzy

Reaction score
News travels FAST ,and now with things like facebook , it travels even faster now than ever before !

this can be our best thing or our worst !
often our worst as us humans seem to gravitate towords the negative .

things like

Donna says " had my nails done at %^&** there BEAUTIFUL !

might get a few likes , copple of comments but something like

Donner says "Had my nails done at %$^&**( and there rubbish!

will start a huge conversation among friends !

what can you do about it ?
be PERFECT of corse lol

no we cant all do that , so my thought is we have to put into motion the things we want to change!
as NIKE says just do it.

so the first step
1) be brutally honest

what is the biggest issue with your business .

could be your advertising , your logo , maybe theres no parking or your attracting the wrong people , could be cluttered .
what ever it is lets list it , and say what we want to try to do to change it .
sort of like cosmic ordering , or the secret .

I will go first .

my biggest problem was communication , :o
my phone was off when working , and at the end of a long day i didnt want to reply to voice mails , text , e mail ,IMs, face book messages ,

solution : I will minimize the contact info for clients by only offering phone number with open times and 1 email address.

who's next ?

Ooh I like this. I have many problems well not problems but things to improve on.

Problem: Inconsistency among staff regarding treatments.

Solution: Hold a staff meeting and go over each treatment and work together to provide almost identical treatments.

Mine is social media, i absolutly loath it. I even get one of my staff members to do it, i hate it so much! yes it works but im a friggin nightmare, i pick apart everything i want to portray my buisness on it. Eventually i caved in and just said look you guys look after it, and well, lets do regular staff meetings, what should we put up collectively and what do we respond to. It really helped ease my weight load by delegating. xoxo

My biggest problem this last year is motivation.I never thought id say it but i want to retire but I really do still need the money or I have no personal income of my own.I don't know what's happened but when the phone goes for appointments its a feeling of dread.After all these years of enthusiasm I've lost my mojo.I feel awful saying it because I know so many are struggling.

Latest posts

Back