TPTW + What will be the latest massage craze

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippy-chick

Reaction score
I've watched the massage and holistic therapy industry explode with new therapies over the past 15 years, we've gone from swedish and aromatherapy massage to many different aspects.

I would say 10 years ago Hot stone massage became popular
I would say 5 years ago Ayurvedic therapies became the thing.
I would say last year Bamboo massage and Lava shells were the must haves.

I usually have an "eye" for the new treatments on the block and would say that 2011 will be big on bamboo, natural facials and a new eyebrow treatment.

Whats your thoughts?

well as i dont do massage i really arnt very up on the really curent trends as such but i think everyone rea;lly loved the natural side of the hot stones and the bamboo etc.. and i think people seem to be heading for a more holistic side of treatments , to be honest i think they look & feel far more relaxing, i can remeber doing the tibetan head massage course and i was amazed how good it was :green:
it will be interesting to see what other massage therapists have to say ?

I'd never heard of bamboo massage. I just had a look on you tube. OMG, I want to have one of these done, it looks lovely. Gotta look for some training. Where did you do yours hippy chick?

I'd never heard of bamboo massage. I just had a look on you tube. OMG, I want to have one of these done, it looks lovely. Gotta look for some training. Where did you do yours hippy chick?

I'm hoping to do bamboo massage this year. Gerrards offer the course.

As a non-skin-geek, what's the difference between a facial and a natural facial?

Quite a few product companies offer bamboo massage. I was introduced to it by Gerards and did some further training with an American company.

I have played around with the use of bamboo and now offer two types of massage, one is my version of bamboo full body but I also offer a Gerard's bamboo massage - they are quite different.

I also do a seated bamboo massage and am looking into developing a facial massage with bamboo and a foot massage with bamboo.

Last edited:
As a non-skin-geek, what's the difference between a facial and a natural facial?
Sandi a facial is your regular cleanse, tone, exfoliate, mask, massage, moisturise.

A natural facial is a facial massage using no products except perhaps a few drops of carrier oil; often referred to as natural facelift, natural face rejuvenation, ayurvedic face massage or Indian face massage.

Sandi a facial is your regular cleanse, tone, exfoliate, mask, massage, moisturise.

A natural facial is a facial massage using no products except perhaps a few drops of carrier oil; often referred to as natural facelift, natural face rejuvenation, ayurvedic face massage or Indian face massage.
Thanks for the info Ann :)

I've had facials before but not a natural one. what are the benefits of having a natural facial as opposed to a 'normal' one?
Is it more for the relaxation/massage etc?

Sorry to have turned this into a consumer thread :o

no, its good to talk!

the benefits are based on plumping the skin and increasing oxygen/blood and circulation to the skin to nourish.
by plumping and smoothing the skin you are increasing the toning of the skin so helps to soothe out fine lines and wrinkles and encourages the skins firmness.

since I've been having some caci (non surgical facelift treatments) I've noticed that the principles are the same, but with caci they use electrical probes to increase the benefits.

a few years back it was quite big to do natural facelift exercises, 10 minute facelifts, etc, and performed on a regular basis will encourage better skin, plumped and toned skin and increase skin regeneration.

I have also noticed that a lot of Eastern techniques do all of this but probably without all of the scientific know-how.

Indian face massage is all about skin care maintenance but they also use energy behind the techniques. Its quite amazing how Ayurvedic treatments have been doing these techniques for thousands of years without any scientific studies, and now the Western world is mimicking them but with more studies behind the work to prove the benefits.

Latest posts

Back