trade test

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautysanctuary

Reaction score
Hi Geeks wonder if you could help me, I am going for a job interview next tues and a trade test. Just wondered what you normally have to do at a trade test as I am a bit nervous!!:rolleyes:

is for a job as a beauty therapist, nail tech, both or something else? xx

You usually have to perform a few treatments so the employer can get an idea of how you work etc.
Everyone is different but to give you an idea, the last trade test I did about a month ago for a new job, I had to do a half leg wax, Eyelash Tint and a manicure, painting one had in French and one hand in colour.
In previous jobs I have gone for, I have usually done a massage or mini facial.

Dont be too nervous, Im sure you will do fine!!

x

just wanted to say sorry for my earlier reply, it was a bit brief and not much help at all!!!

mostly a trade test is a brief insight into your capabilities as a therapist/tech, you may get asked to one or a few treatments - this usually depends on how particular they are and how many people they are interviewing - i have been to interviews where i haven't had to do a trade test and others where i have had to do lots of mini treatments.

don't be surprised is you are asked to carry treatments out on the owner/manager...this is often their only way of really getting the answers to their questions!

quite often they will pick the salons most requested or signature treatments

try and stay calm, be as professional as possible an do the best job you can, they will know you will be nervous so will make allowances for this.

hope it all goes well

xx

when i had mine they first interviewd me then asked me what i was going to do as they have requested a toe polish in red and a french man then a back massage then also asked me more questions and this was on the owner very nervous:irked:

I had to do some treatments on the owner too.i waxed one of her legs lol (she was savng the other for someone else) I also did a facial as she wanted to see my massage movements.I did a manicure (she picked out that the edges were a bit sharpe when i finished my filling,so theres a tip) I painted one hand in red and one in french and that was it!
I was so scared before i went there and came out wondering what i was worrying about.She was really nice and gave me a few tips too.
So dont worry,put on ur proffessional head and u will be fine.
Good luck hun! x

Latest posts

Back