Trade Tests for Jobs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PrincessClaire

Reaction score
Hi i had a trade test on friday at a local salon because i am just finishing college. The owner of the salon said he would get in touch and it would be wednesday at the latest and today it is wednesday. i mentioned to a friend at college i had the trade test last week but i can not remember if i told her which salon but its a bit of a coninsidence that she happened to have a trade test today at the very same place. the guy doesnt know i know about this but he hasnt been in touch like he said. The question is do you think he is keeping his options open or not? i know this may be a strange question because no one can tell what the guy is thinking but maybe somebody on here might have experience with employing and know the signs. this was my first trade test and now im starting to think i might have screwed it up. thanks :lol:

i had same experience but i just rung up the day after he said he'd ring.. then you'll know. atleast your showing an interest right so he know's ur keenxx

Princess Claire...

This happens in most jobs, not just hairdressing. He may well have a small selection of you booked to do the same, and decide between you all afterwards, much like you would in an interview situation. I'd give him a call on Friday perhaps and just ask to speak with him to see whether he has made a decision. There is no harm in doing so!
And don't get too disheartened with anticipation...!

GOOD LUCK

MHD x x x

He may have had to stagger the trade tests due to his own client commitments. plus he may be trying to give all applicants a fair try before making a decision. These processes can take a bit of time and at the moment whenever we advertise for staff we are getting deluged with applicants.

Latest posts

Back