Trademarking a business name?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mane Goddess

Reaction score
Hi how do i go about trademarking a business name? Thanks

Hi i looked on there and it starts from £170 for one class, but ive seen others that charge that plus a fee? Do i go straight to the gov or with a company like that? Unsure

Hi i looked on there and it starts from £170 for one class, but ive seen others that charge that plus a fee? Do i go straight to the gov or with a company like that? Unsure
It depends. It's like anything, you can pay the expertise of a professional company to handle the paperwork and advise you accordingly what classes to enter etc. or you can do it all yourself.

IE to form a limited company you can do this yourself or you can pay a company to handle doing it all for you. Same sort of thing.

Oh i see so i can do it myself then, i followed all the steps on gov just too see and i managed to find the classes i needed to trademark it under. I dont need to pay £250 extra when i can clearly do it myself?

Oh i see so i can do it myself then, i followed all the steps on gov just too see and i managed to find the classes i needed to trademark it under. I dont need to pay £250 extra when i can clearly do it myself?
If you're sure that your name/logo can be trademarked then sure as you have to pay the fee even if they reject your trademark.

http://www.wetrademarkit.co.uk is a clients site we done. Excuse the poor design, client wanted exactly what he wanted.

I know im not sure it can be registered but i have no idea how you check, i clicked on that one its telling me to upload an image, my trademark is just a name

It's easy to do yourself but I would always recommend using the right start option which means that your trademark is checked and you receive feedback from an ipo advisor prior to finalising the filing.

It's 100 non refundable to start the process and 100 on submission after the ipo have liaised with you & agreed the finalised terms of your trademark.

Here is a summary of what can and can't be registered:

https://www.gov.uk/how-to-register-a-trade-mark/what-you-can-and-cant-register

I've registered a lot of trademarks and even now my experienced tma does them instead of me they still use the right start option because the ipo will advise on specific wording & often offer invaluable insight. An advisor's knowledge if you encounter a problem is worth far in excess of the additional 30 quid & it gives everyone peace of mind.

Can anyone recommend a good company to help me register my trademark?

Hi,

I can recommend Jane at Trademark Room.

Hope this helps.

Jamie

Latest posts

Back