Training Courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jee-nails

Reaction score
Hi all, Im looking for some help. I live in Dublin and Ive recently done a gel nail course. There were only 5 other girls in the class and so far Im the only one who completed it. I got my cert after 9 weeks of phoning her and leaving messages. I feel the course wasnt up to much, I think the gels we were given were like seconds, the nails lift, break, split and generly dont last very long. I paid around 600 euro for the course but all my confidence is gone. Im now in a position that I want to retrain and start again but I dont know anybody that has done a course that could share their experience. Im nervous about handing over more money. Creative nails do a 6 day course here but its 1220 euro. They cover both gel and acrylic. It seems a lot of money. Nail systems international do an acrylic only course for 600 euro. Has anybody any experience of these courses or any others, that you could give me advice on?
Much appreciated,
Grainne.

I think that sad as it is, you need to learn that you most often get what you pay for.

The Creative Nail Academy Dublin has just won the Award for offering the Best Industry Education in Ireland!!

The Creative nail Academy UK has just won for the second time the award for offering the Best Industry Education in the UK.

The Creative Nail Academy worldwide has the highest profile education and products in the industry.

Creative do not give these awards to themselves. They have earned it over a 25 year period.

Add up the cost of your two courses and you could have paid for the CNA course and got the best. It may cost you a little more now but I would go with the REPUTATION.

Oh! That is so bad and typical of the way things are going over here! Everyone is out for a quick buck!!! :mad:

Unfortunetly there are only 2 places to train in the whole of Ireland worth talking about and you have mentioned them both. Marina Egan from Creative is Brilliant and I wish I had done my foundation with her a couple of years ago! NSBI are also good but dont offer the back up that I've heard Creative do.

If You've shelled out all your money and really cant afford to retrain do you think that maybe practicing with an experienced Tech might help? They can tell you a few things and mayb you have the knowledge but just need to see the practical side a bit more?

Its an expense but worth paying but dont give up if you cant afford it!

I recently did the five day foundation course in L&P with Creative at their academy in Essex.

The training was fantastic, far better than any other nail training that I have received. They were very friendly but professional and explained things in a really clear way. You also cover some anatomy and health and safety matters as part of the course.

This is only the start of there education course, with skill building courses etc which you can attend if you wish. I feel that I can go as far in my career as I wish with them as you can train to a really high level if you want.

Not sure what other companies are like, but I trained for my VTCT in manicure and pedicure at the local college and the tution wasn't up to much and once the course had finished and you walked out the door, you dont get any further support which you will do with Creative.

Hope this is of help to you and makes sense. Had to write it with my litte boy screaming in the background!

Hi Grainne,

I know what you mean, i have spoken to quite a few Irish techs and they all complain about the level of service offered by some of the nail training companies in Dublin. I am an Ezflow Educator, I am from Dublin originally but moved to the UK 9 years ago, i come home every few weeks to see the family and to run nail training courses. If you like I could meet you one day I am over and have a look at what you are doing and see if it's your technique that's letting you down or your products, sometimes you just need to change a couple of little things and everything works out a lot better, and sometimes you just need to sit down with another tech and go through what you do and compare methods and you can actually learn a lot of handy tips!

Anyway, I am over in Dublin this weekend (family wedding, hope the weather stays dry! :| ) so if you like you can call/text me on 0044 7771 827 288 and we can have a chat then and arrange something.

Take care,
Lou

Latest posts

Back