Training-feeling deflated

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisa32

Reaction score
Hi everyone

At the grand old age of 32 I'm almost at the end of my level 2 beauty therapy (evening course). I really want to do the level 3 massage route but it's day time only but unlike all the other girls at college I'm not in a position to be giving up my day job as I have rent, bills, kids.

I feel like I'm the only one who can't progress even though I'm passionate about this :-( are there any other ways for me to train in massage that will be recognised by insurers? There are no other colleges nearby so feel like I've hit a dead end xx

The Beauty Academy Birmingham? I've trained at weekends with them at Milton Keynes x

Definitely look for private training providers on google.

Another option would be to do separate courses. For example, nvq3 massage route units such as massage, Indian head massage, hot stone massage are available as separate qualification courses as a vtct or itec or city and guilds qualification.

I've been looking at the beauty academy in Milton Keynes, would you recommend? X

I was 30 when I trained, I also had to work full time in my office job. I went with The Training Rooms, who I believe do courses in a number of locations around the UK. http://thetrainingroom.com/beauty

I did the course every 3rd weekend, and worked during the week. I'd only recommend this if you are good at disciplining yourself; most of the girls quit early on as a lot of the work is completed in your own time. There is a lot of self-learning which suited me fine, but it's definitely not a college course - if that makes sense xx

Hi, I've found a private trainer that offers vtct qualifications as individual modules or the complete level 3. So next week am starting my level 3 in Swedish massage :) xx

Latest posts

Back