Training to be a hairdresser

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dollface2305-x-

Reaction score
could someone please help me i am being really indesisive and can't choose. from a hairdressers point of view do you think it is better to train at college or get trained in the salon. i've got a college placement starting from september but am finding it difficult to get a job as most places train people within the salon

Hi Hun,
I am not a hairdresser, but I would think........that to be in a hair salon enviroment and go to college a one or two days a week, would be more beneficial to you.
That way you are getting salon experience along with college training.
I am sure the hairdressers will give you the best advice later, they will all still be working at this time on a Friday evening.
Good luck with which ever path you choose.
Lotsa luv x x x :hug: x x x

Hey, yeah I agree- one or two days in college and the rest in a placement in a good salon. Good luck!x

salon based apprentices get the best allround training as long as the salon sends them day release to college to get an nvq. Hairdressers who are trained that way are much more sought after and generally command higher salaries.
Lots of college leavers struggle to find hairdressing jobs even though they are fully qualified as they have no commercial experience.

thankyou for your help guys
xx

Try contacting City and Guilds. They should be able to supply you with a list of Training Providers that offer Training in the way you'd like to do in your area.
Good luck!
MHD x x x

Latest posts

Back