Training to be a nail technician, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PurpleRose17

Reaction score
Hi all,

Ive been reading threads on this forum and they have been so interesting so I thought I would post my own for some advice.
Im currently booked onto a CND shellac course with S2 and Im looking to become a nail tech, although I am completely new to it (other than my at home Sensationail kit). After having a keen interest in nails for years, and now having two children to consider, I have decided to try a new career path that works for me and my family. Ideally I would only like to offer shellac nails with nail art, so Lecente glitters, foils, stamping and so on. Do you think this would be enough to build a client base and keep clients happy? And are the qualifications from S2 enough to begin this career?
There is a lady I know who currently offers these things and I would love to be able to ask her advice etc as she's incredible, however I'm too nervous as I don't want her to think Im trying to 'imitate' her or encroach on her business.

Many thanks

Latest posts

Back