Training with/picking which hair extensions brands.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VIVA.GLAM

Reaction score
I've decided I'd like to train in hair extensions. I've also used the search and can't find the threads that answer my question but I know there's some out there. Sorry for the repetitiveness.

What brand would you recommend training with and using?
What's so good about the brand you've chosen? Pros/cons?

Expense isn't an issue as I'm willing to pay for good quality.

Hey viva

I just trained with Lush-Us. I paid extra to have a 1-2-1 training with Linda-Hamilton Ross in my home rather than travelling to Essex for a group course.

I found the training very thorough - online assessments before and after practical training, constant support via telephone, email etc

the hair is gorgeous quality and you work on a live model for your training day as well xxx

Hey viva

I just trained with Lush-Us. I paid extra to have a 1-2-1 training with Linda-Hamilton Ross in my home rather than travelling to Essex for a group course.

I found the training very thorough - online assessments before and after practical training, constant support via telephone, email etc

the hair is gorgeous quality and you work on a live model for your training day as well xxx

Hi Hun could ya poss pm me what you paid if you wouldn't mind as it's something I'm very interested in. Thank you :) x

^ Yes me too please! That sounds very good to me!

I don't mind posting it if I am allowed? Lush-Us charge £450 ish for their group training, I paid £575 for the 1-2-1 training which includes a kit and teaches 4 methods :D xxx

I went with lush us viva! Had group training and there was only 2 other people doin it with me. Learnt micro ring and prebinded. And did one shrinkie. Was very informative and was a fun day too!

:)

Ohh might look into that then!! X

I too trained with Lush-Us 4 years ago and totally loved the training, the support afterwards was and still is there when needed. I also went to a group and learnt heaps from other trainees on the group and seeing their models too. I would just make sure you look into any companies you're thinking of training with as unfortunately some on the market nowadays don't even seem to have approval from Habia or qualified teachers which will mean you'll struggle to get insured! Enjoy though x

Racoon Training is very comprehensive and you can work towards your diploma. Also only hairdressers can train with Racoon .

I've sent off for some info on Racoon I do like the idea that they're hairdresser only. Thank you.

Lush us sounds very good also and all the information I've been on them has been fantastic and very helpful. Thank you all.

I feel more confident in choosing my brand they both sound very good, reputable brands.

Raccoon all the way. Clients know and trust the brand as they only train hair professionals. It is the system that requires the most skill, but is also the most adaptable system available.

Do Racoon offer only training in fusion or do they also teach micro ring, prebond etc xx

Raccoon all the way. Clients know and trust the brand as they only train hair professionals. It is the system that requires the most skill, but is also the most adaptable system available.

I have to say that is the best selling point of the brand for me. I've only just seen I've missed a call from them today while I was at work so will call them back tomorrow and get some information. Thank you.

Racoon offer fusion and micro weft training along with other courses in their diploma pathway.

Last edited:
Thanks Luce :D As I say i did my training with Lush-Us but would really like to train with a couple of companies as well to broaden my education and stuff. Can't train with Racoon as am not a hairdresser but looking into Balmain perhaps xx

I received my information in the post from Racoon today. The price for 3 day bonding is rather pricey but I have a lot of confidence in them based on the information they've given me and the feedback from here. Think I'm going to go ahead with them.

Thanks again everyone. Again, the biggest seller was that they're professional-only.

I trained with Balmain a few years ago - and although they only taught the bonded extensions at the time I think they are great, the training was brilliant and the hair is the best I have used. Also the customer service from them is brilliant and I get a phone call from thempretty much monthly and new marketing stuff through the post! The only downside is the hair is very expensive!

Latest posts

Back